US$125
Hampton.com
US$133
  • Breakfast included
Clayton Plaza Hotel(Clayton)(Great Value!)
US$100
  • Room Service
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$145
US$139
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria(Richmond Heights)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$129
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

US$139
KnightConference
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$140
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$129
All reviewsclayton plazathe club loungebeds were comfortablebusiness tripst louisfree shuttlefitness centerself parkingrhondadowntownappetizerszoowashconferencecampussuburbarch
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Wonderful service and atmosphere! Very Clean, comfortable, and great food is what I like the best. Wonderful location, plus secured parking. This is my 3rd visit to this Sheraton and I'm not looking to change when I visit St. Louis.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I was in this hotel for 1 night on last Dec. I checked out next morning at 4am. I was shocked to receive the extra charge US$250 by email receipt which was smoking fee or penalty in their room. I had called them at least 5 times to express that I don’t smoke!The front desk or I left the voice mail to the director of house keeping but they never called back or responded my email. You should at least tell me or find the evidence if any! They told Amex that I signed the authorization to allow the charge.
It’s exhausted, dispirited and frustrated to have this ridiculously issue.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
David H, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Because this information stems from a three-month old stay and because we have no way of knowing your name and date of stay, we have no way of researching this.
Please call the hotel and ask for the General Manager and I will see what I can do for you.
I await your reply.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

After only a year or so all 3 elevators have been upgraded, which is a big improvement. Staff is great, rooms are comfortable but somewhat dated and nothing special. Food is average at best and frequently below. Some recent observations - pastries in the lounge are pre-wrapped commercial ones, breakfast is weak even for a lounge, no decaf. However, there are a variety of good restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
David H, Food and Beverage at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

CrobertB,

We appreciate the nice comments on the elevators and our staff. I was concerned to hear your comments on the lounge. We do normally have both regular and decaf as well as fresh made daily pastries for breakfast along with a number of cold and hot offerings.daily until 9am with pre packaged items available for all day offerings in the lounge. I offer my apologies for your inconvenience If you have any information you would like to share, please feel free to contact me directly.

Elliott Jones
Director of Food and Beverage
elliott.jones@sheratonclayton.com

Reviewed 28 February 2018

First Impressions:
Overall, a nice property with good amenities (on-site restaurant and lounge, meeting rooms, Sheraton Club). The lobby and guest rooms are nicely furnished and trimmed out. Greeting at the front desk was congenial. No doorman, and a revolving door, so I lugged my roll-aboard through.

The neighborhood appears to be good, with a number of restaurants in walking distance.

Guest room:
Bedding and towels are above average.

Bathroom is nicely appointed, and rather small. Two people would struggle in there. It was fine for one.

I was told at check-in that there would be two complimentary bottles of water in my room. There was one.

There is a recycle bin in the room. Also, convenient, bedside power outlets.

As of this writing (2/27/18), their website claims, "The Sheraton Clayton Plaza hotel now offers 20 mb of bandwidth vs. the 3 mb we previously offered in Guestrooms ($9.95 charge)." However, I ran tests multiple times with fast.com and speedtest.net, and consistently received 5.1-5.3 Mbps. So that claim appears to be untrue.

Overall, I would stay here again. Really nothing wrong with it.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
David H, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear Westcoastbiz:

I would like to apologize for the issues you list in your review. They are inexcusable.

I am happy that you would stay here again but before you do, give me a call and I will make sure you are pre-checked and pre-registered and that your room is double-checked by our Director of Housekeeping.

We will show you what we are really like.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 27 February 2018

The Clayton Plaza hotel has a very nice lobby and the rooms and facilities are clean and maintained. I did not eat in the restaurant, but had room service one morning for breakfast and breakfast was fast and very good. The bar area appeared popular as there were several tables filled each night. The fitness center had good machines, free weights and a few other workout tools for use. It was clean and quiet and overlooked the lap pool, which was also clean and quiet. I'm sure in the summer the outdoor deck is enjoyable for sunbathing and picnics. The room was a clean but dated, but that's not a problem. The bed was very lumpy and the pillows had no support at all. The sheets were not fitted and were a jumbled mess by morning, so not very comfortable and poor sleeps. The bathroom is small with shelving over the toilet (a potential unpleasant problem if something is dropped), but overall still clean and functional and fine for a standard room. Our door was strangely out of alignment with the jamb and you could see the lights on in the room through this open crack in the top of the door. Slightly disconcerting, but management said they would send engineers to look into this. As we walked down the hall, ours appeared to be the only door with this issue. There is a free shuttle which will take you to local places, but a driver is not consistently available and when we were ready to go somewhere, we were informed there was no driver even though a young man was waiting by the desk. The one time we did have a driver, the shuttle was very useful and easy to use. This should be a consistent feature if the hotel is looking to bring in tourists as well as business travelers. Overall, a decent hotel when staying for a conference. If looking for a luxury vacation hotel, you should probably look elsewhere.

Room Tip: I was told all rooms are alike - no tips to be given.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
David H, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear Valerie S.

Thank you for your through and very detailed feedback. I am sorry to hear that your bed was limpy since we just spent $263,000.00 on new mattresses and would have gladly replaced yours and, thanks, to you, we did find and fix the issue with your door. we do not use fitted sheets because they cannot be ironed and folded by a commercial laundry.
I definitely apologize for our driver not showing up since there are so many incredible places not only within walking distance but also within shuttle distance--from the Delmar Loop to Forest Park (larger than Central Park, to the Zoo (free) to Washington University, the Galleria and the Museum of Natural History.
We hope we do see you again so we can show you what we're really like.