“Yummy Seafood Ramen and Chicken Katsu Ramen”
Review of Nami Ramen

Nami Ramen
Ranked #38 of 85 Restaurants in Clayton
Reviewed 9 June 2016

Tried this place for lunch and loved the seafood ramen with crabmeat and shrimp tempura. Each bowl comes out looking like a work of art. The chicken katsu (fried chicken breast Japanese style) with shitake mushrooms was also delicious with very tasty broth and a sliced hard-boiled egg. I like that they have large tables to share or you can sit at table bar near the window or near the grill. They have different sauces (seasonings) on the table for you to try. The edamame was perfectly steamed and lightly salted. The portion is very large so that makes it worth the price and the food seems very authentic. It's impressive.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 18 May 2016

I have been waiting years for a good (and real) ramen shop to come to my town. Nami Ramen arrived and they prepare authentic Japanese lunch-time standards. It is 'comfort food' for those who have experienced Japan. By comparison perhaps the equivalent in lunch-time American comfort food is burger-and-fries, and we know how much we expect to pay for that. I just think that the price of a bowl of ramen should be somewhat less than a burger-and-fries; but apparently that is only me.

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Full disclosure: I am not a big fan of Japanese cuisine. Please remember that as you read this review. The dining room is spacious with both private and community tables. Also has cool "bar seats" facing the windows. Educational menu and knowledgeable staff. Personally, I felt the menu items were more expensive than I expected, but then again, this isn't like the ramen we ate in college. Huge bowls and it is okay to ask for a fork if you have trouble with chopsticks. The food was okay, but expensive.

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

We were a group of three. We ordered 6 items. Two were really good, two were good, two were not good. The biggest disappointment was the ramen - greasy.

Reviewed 26 March 2016

I finally went to Nami Ramen and tried the Roasted Black Garlic Tonkatsu Ramen. The broth was very tasty, the noodles were just right. However the eggs and the pork (Chasiu) were cold. I had the ramen and the gyoza and the it came to $23, it is a bit pricey. Consider that I can have the same ramen and gyoza in Toyko for about 1,300 Yen...about $11. The gyoza did not have much vegetables, so they were not as tasty. Also the gyoza were deep fried instead of pan fried, not what I would have expected. Overall it was average and the cost is on par with other ramen place in Saint Louis area.

Date of visit: March 2016