“Good Local Fare But Lessening Quality/Quantity Over The Years”

Tellers Gallery & Bar
Ranked #42 of 396 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 December 2016

I love patronizing local restaurants instead of nationwide chains. This is a good local Columbia restaurant.

I've eaten in, ordered carry out, and ordered delivery through a third party service (Tiger's Takeout).

When dining in, starting several years ago, the waitstaff is attentive and friendly. The food is tasty and served at the correct temperatures. The price is mid-range.

The fare varies from sandwiches and salads to seafood, select meats, etc. All of the offerings are well thought out and partnered with flavorful sides.

We began ordering carry out about two years ago. One of our favorites was the french dip. As a french dip sandwich lover, I'd have to rate it back then as the best in town. Unfortunately, the size of the sandwich lessened as did the quality of the meat in the sandwich. We kept ordering via carry out and delivery, trying to give them a chance, but alas, there was never any improvement and it just kept getting worse. This is the reason for a three instead of a four in the rating.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Great place to eat, drink or to just watch people. Full bar and great craft beers. Food is locally sourced and plentiful. Great menu selection. You can't go wrong eating here.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

We liked the vibe of Teller's. Nice mix of art, good music, and relaxing bar atmosphere. Enjoyed their margaritas, and old-fashioned, along with a Brie plate appetizer. Our server, Tera, was "on it" tonight. It looks like this place might hop later in the evening. Danno recommends.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Had a great meal with a co-worker. Server was informative and friendly. Looked popular with the locals. Good beer selection. Sides were locally sourced and very fresh and very delicious. Pork chop was top notch. It was thick cut and grilled to my requested medium doneness (slightly pink in the middle).

Not much on atmosphere, but the crowd and vibe made up for it.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

We were in Columbia with our two teenagers for Homecoming. After a busy day, we were looking for a restaurant where we could watch the Cubs playoffs and have a decent meal. Wow, were we pleasantly surprised by the delicious meal. The owners were incredibly accommodating and made sure we were well taken care of, with a great view of a TV. We shared the chicken tenders and I almost ruined my meal because they were so good. But, I followed up with the blackened salmon on creole salad (substituting blue cheese for goat) and I couldn't believe how fantastic it was. Of course, we couldn't skip dessert because everything was delicious and we split their special bread pudding and a chocolate chip banana cake. The perfect end to a wonderful meal. I'd love to transport this restaurant back to Chicago with me.