“An interesting find on Broadway”

Tellers Gallery & Bar
Ranked #43 of 397 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 26 February 2017

Sometimes it's hard to know where to go in Columbia as fast casual food abounds. However, visiting our daughter, we wanted to find a spot to sit down, chat and enjoy a meal as a family. Almost at random, we chose Tellers. I went with the Teller - a banger and mash combo that had me wishing there was more when I was done. My wife enjoyed the gumbo. One daughter had the cajun pasta that she enjoyed. My other daughter's pizza was nothing fantastic and one more of us enjoyed a ruben. All in all, attentive, friendly service with tasty food. I'm glad our random choice went this direction.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

My wife tried Teller's for the first time on a recent Friday evening. Parking can be a challenge in downtown Columbia; but we were able to find a spot within 2 blocks. We arrived about 5:30pm and just beat the crowd. We were seated at a table for 2 by the window which allowed for some good people watching as folks strolled by on the cold, crisp evening. Our server (sorry, I missed his name) was excellent and very helpful and attentive to our needs. We started with the calamari as an appetizer and it was very good. My wife had a glass of wine and I had the Longboat APA. They appear to have a pretty good wine and craft beer selection. Our server recommended the gumbo and he was right on target. We had just a cup each and it was also very good. My wife had the salmon and I had the pork chop special. Both were very good. The place is not expansive so it can get a little noisy; but we did not mind. We will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Food was good, service great, and price reasonable; what's not to like?! Spinach salad and salmon was great.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

I love patronizing local restaurants instead of nationwide chains. This is a good local Columbia restaurant.

I've eaten in, ordered carry out, and ordered delivery through a third party service (Tiger's Takeout).

When dining in, starting several years ago, the waitstaff is attentive and friendly. The food is tasty and served at the correct temperatures. The price is mid-range.

The fare varies from sandwiches and salads to seafood, select meats, etc. All of the offerings are well thought out and partnered with flavorful sides.

We began ordering carry out about two years ago. One of our favorites was the french dip. As a french dip sandwich lover, I'd have to rate it back then as the best in town. Unfortunately, the size of the sandwich lessened as did the quality of the meat in the sandwich. We kept ordering via carry out and delivery, trying to give them a chance, but alas, there was never any improvement and it just kept getting worse. This is the reason for a three instead of a four in the rating.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Great place to eat, drink or to just watch people. Full bar and great craft beers. Food is locally sourced and plentiful. Great menu selection. You can't go wrong eating here.