“Great Lunch!”

Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Dined here solo unexpectedly on a Sunday. Food and menu are great. Service was a bit slow; however, I was dining outside.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

After walking along the main downtown street in Columbia and looking for an interesting spot to have a light supper, we found Tellers. It clearly is a popular spot--close to full even on a quiet summer night. I wish I'd been hungrier. We split a pizza and a large salad. Both were excellent. The pizza had a fennel infused red sauce--an interesting and successful flavor. And the dressing on the arugula salad was wonderful. I asked the waiter about it, and she said all their dressings are made in house. The space is interesting and the staff friendly. If I'm in Columbia again, I'll definitely eat here and plan to be hungrier.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

My experience with college town eateries is that their food prep is limited to what is necessary to getting the food on the plate and in front of the customer. Tellers' kitchen too some serious time to season things correctly and cook the meat perfectly. The calamari was excellent and not rubbery. Service was excellent. Be advised that this restaurant is not fast food. Instead, the eating experience is leisurely and pleasant.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

My daughter and I had a wonderful dinner at Teller's this evening. I was amazed at how top notch l the food is - the kitchen really knows what they're doing. We loved the blackened salmon - the cooking and the seasoning were perfect. And the portabella mushroom platter ranks among the best vegetarian dishes I've had in a long time - the goat cheese, grilled summer vegetables, pesto and fried polenta provided a balanced mix of great flavors and textures. Nothing bland about it! Great value, generous portions. Both our waitress and the host were charming and attentive. I've never been a fan of the indoor dining ambience at Teller's, but will definitely come back in any season after our experience tonight. (We snagged one of the few sidewalk tables, which brings great people watching al fresco!)

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Sometimes it's hard to know where to go in Columbia as fast casual food abounds. However, visiting our daughter, we wanted to find a spot to sit down, chat and enjoy a meal as a family. Almost at random, we chose Tellers. I went with the Teller - a banger and mash combo that had me wishing there was more when I was done. My wife enjoyed the gumbo. One daughter had the cajun pasta that she enjoyed. My other daughter's pizza was nothing fantastic and one more of us enjoyed a ruben. All in all, attentive, friendly service with tasty food. I'm glad our random choice went this direction.