All reviews basketball court two bedroom suite fire pit front desk kitchen area waffles marriott properties long stay light sleeper hallway noise free breakfast is bit dated football game cleaning staff an upgrade convenient location nice property
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very updated. It is in a nice, convenient location. Our room was very large and the bedroom was very quiet! The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The night snacks were a bonus and very tasty. Breakfast was good, also. I will stay here again!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I booked 15 rooms at this hotel several months in advance for a group of friends that were just going through Columbia on motorcycles. This location was recently updated and the spaces were well appointed. The breakfast and pool areas were nice too. Our favorite part for the group was being able to sit around the back fire pit area…there were plenty of chairs and tables. We actually ordered in pizza and dessert and with our bluetooth Bose speaker, had a great evening of music, laughs and conversation! The hotel was great to work with on booking a group. They send you a link so each person/couple can go and book on their own. Makes it easy for the group lead. We’d go back if in the area again and definitely recommend to friends!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Steve F, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear tab_mid,
Thank you for your review of our hotel after your recent stay with us. It was our pleasure to host your group.
We do strive to provide a relaxing and stress free stay for all of our guests, it pleases the entire staff that we accomplished this for your group.
We would very much look forward to hosting your group again should you visit the Columbia area

Reviewed 23 April 2018

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend and were satisfied with our stay and with the hotel. I have to compliment Marriott staff as every single staff member we came in contact with made a point of greeting us. I've stayed at other hotels and while you'll usually get a greeting from the front desk, there is no guarantee you'll get one from anyone else. That is simply not the case here. Everyone was very friendly and willing to help.

Our room was nicely appointed and I appreciated having the separate rooms as it seemed to cut down on hearing any hallway noise. If we were in the living room we could hear noise every now and then but when we went into the bedroom and shut the door we didn't hear anything. The shower and kitchen area are a bit dated compared to other Residence Inns we've stayed at (Lifetime Platinum members here) but what is there has been tended to very well. We didn't end up cooking anything so I can't speak to how well things worked but shower had great water pressure and never ran out of hot water so we were happy campers.

The breakfast provided was very nice and adequate. I do wish coffee was available at all times but that's just a personal preference. I thought it was a nice touch that they had doggy treats sitting out for anyone with a pet. They have several nice amenities (fire pit, grill, swimming pool and fitness center) that would be much appreciated by anyone staying for a longer period of time.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This is not a very relaxing RI. I know most are close to the highway for convenience. But between the noisy AC units and the highway (possible NOT double paned windows??), its tough for a light sleeper.

Didnt get an upgrade (which is fine), but when I have reserved a 1 queen bedroom for 4 guests, I would think when I check in mobile and confirm I am coming and they select a room that does NOT have enough beds, that the housekeeping staff would make the foldout bed in advance. Nothing like paying $150 a night to do some work.

The breakfast was good, like usual, dont know what the other whiney complaints are in other reviews about.

Overall, You can do better Marriott.
Platinum 2016-2018
Lifetime Silver Status

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Dr-JonnyB
Steve F, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Dr-JonnyB,

Thank you for your review of our hotel after your recent stay with us. We do appreciate hearing from our Marriott Rewards members, our most valued guests.

I do apologize for the shortcomings you experienced while with us. It is our goal to provide each guest with a comfortable stress free stay, we obviously fell short for you. My breakfast ladies very much appreciated your comments regarding breakfast!

If your travels bring you through the Columbia area again, we would look forward to the opportunity to host you.

Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We had a great stay here! Our room was past the basketball court (yes, they have one) and was extremely quiet. We heard some hallway noise but nothing at night. The sofa setup was really comfortable with a chaise lounge at one end. I curled up with a book and felt like I was at home. Everything was clean, the shower had good water pressure, the ice bowl in the fridge was full, and the sheets & towels were good quality.

The breakfast was good with standard fare like scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage patties and fruit. They also had the most incredible apple crumb cake! I don’t know if it’s there daily but I hope it is! It was delicious and tasted like someone had just made it. I also loved that they had coffee mugs for breakfast instead of only stocking paper cups!

We’d had a problem in our room with something that needed to be replaced. I mentioned it when I checked out and was thanked for letting them know. I was surprised, and pleased, to later see extra points for our stay on our rewards card! It was a nice touch!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple