“Fine dining!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

My associates and I had a wonderful holiday dining experience at Jacks. The surf and turf was excellent. We tried a variety of the appetizers and they were all good as well. Drinks were prepared nicely. The wait staff was very professional and courteous. It had been awhile since the last time we had been there but we won't wait as long till the next time we go back. Thanks again Jacks!

Reviewed 27 November 2015 via mobile

My wife and I make it a point to visit Jack's for special occasions. We always enjoy the atmosphere, there is usually someone playing the piano there and love the old world feel to the place. The food is excellent, and I recommend the beef for two dish they offer. They carve it table side for you and serve it up with all of the sides right there. Always a treat to visit here.

Reviewed 22 October 2015

My wife and I lived in Columbia Mo. back in 1981 - 83 time-frame. I was under contract with the Callaway Nuclear Plant which was still under construction. Our two daughters were very young, but the oldest still remembers dining there. I used to put on my best suit and tie, and of course, the ladies of the family looked designer. We remember listening to the pianist play soft music under peaceful lighting. I always ordered steak and lobster (and perhaps prime rib?). Oh my, probably one of the best restaurants we have ever frequented.

On a whim, I looked your business up on the internet to see if your were still alive and well of sorts. Lo and behold, I was excited to see that there's still hope for me to travel back to your beautiful state, and youthful city, to indulge in first class dining.

Reviewed 28 June 2015

The outside of this restaurant belies the interior.The outside looks quite unremarkable, but the inside opens to an elegant setting. The waitstaff were attentive and the food quite good. But what I loved the most was the live piano playing during the entire dinner. It was very nice and something I have not experienced very many times. It made me feel quite special on our anniversary.

Reviewed 22 June 2015

I have lived in Columbia for 7 years and always wondered about this place. It looks like a hole in the wall from the outside but is supposed to be fine dining. A friend recently told me that they also have a bar with a different menu so I tried it out. It's very old school inside. Service was really good. Burgers were great. I went back a second time the following week and had a patty melt. It was also good. Great desserts as well. Both times I've been there have been only 1 or 2 other tables occupied on the fine dining side. Makes you wonder how they stay in business with so few customers but I'm assuming their rent is low because the building is very old and out of date. One of these days I'll go back and try the fine dining side. If it's as good as the burgers than it may be a well kept secret.

2  Thank John S