See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 September 2017

The place has a great staff, but it is in need of a face-lift. The biscuits/gravy was good, but there was no other choices on the food line other than cereal and toast so it could use some attention. Over all, it is a great value for your money!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
kevinreape, Public Relations Manager at Budget Host Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thanks so much for your positive comments and constructive feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to having the opportunity to host you again!

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I get a room at budget a couple times a month. I go out of my way to specifically see Casey or Jenifer. My face is remembered, my room is clean, always a pleasant experience for me. Thanks ladies. These women are the reason I come back

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
BudgetHostColumbia, General Manager at Budget Host Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for your kind remarks. We here at Budget Host do try to ensure all our guest have a pleasant stay. Those that return we try to remember your face, name, and room you prefer as we know this is more of a personal touch. We look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Upon checking in went into the bathroom and there was urine on the toilet, black ring around the toilet, and black foot prints in the tub. I went to the front desk let them know we would be leaving for a little while and to please have someone come in and clean the room. I also let them know that the room smelled very strong of cigarette smoke. When I returned late in the evening the bathroom had been cleaned. I went to get ready for bed looked at the sink and it was covered in hair (looked like where a man had shaved his beard). I pulled the covers back on the first bed and there was hair on the sheets. I decided to look at the second bed also and there were paw prints on those sheets. We had already encountered a few fleas and now I why. I went to the front desk to let them know that we could not stay there and would like a refund. The front desk called the manager and they refused. The manager stated that her head housekeeper had been sent in to clean that room and there was nothing wrong with it. Needless to say. Worst experience ever with a hotel. We did leave and ended up driving back home 3 1/2 hours that night. When we left the hotel there was a fight in the parking lot police were being called. So maybe not such safe place anyways. I would spend a few extra bucks and stay else where next time for sure.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Sarah,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate you doing so, as it gives us a chance to see where we can improve.

We have discussed your review with our front desk and house keeping staff, and will work to address those specific issues that you have mentioned in this review. We hope that you give our Budget Host another chance in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

This motel leaves A LOT to be desired. The air conditioner was extremely noisy (I'm glad that I had ear plugs). The ice machine was broken and the staff was unable to provide ice from any other source. There was no soap in the dispenser in the bath. The place was relatively clean, but frayed and tired. Breakfast was minimal The only reason it gets 2 circles is because it's cheap. You get what you pay for.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 1 June 2017

I arrived early afternoon, the lady at the desk was very friendly and made a conservation with me about my travel. Also made recommendations for getting a good massage. Room was very clean, bed very comfortable. No complaints

Date of stay: May 2017
1  Thank E952AEkathleenc
kevinreape, Public Relations Manager at Budget Host Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Hi there!
Thanks so much for your positive comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to having the opportunity to host you again!