“Sunday breakfast”

Mill-Inn Restaurant
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Not wanting the $30 Mother's Day brunch at The Elms where we were staying, we walked a couple blocks to this diner. We arrived around 8:30 am just as it was starting to fill up. Service was very slow for a diner, even tho the waitresses were rushing around. It's the kind of place where the hash browns come from frozen packages and there's creamer instead of real milk or cream. You can get eggs, French toast and pancakes. Nothing fancy. It's inexpensive.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

We stayed at the elms and decided to come here for breakfast as our first experience at the elms restaurant was less than desirable. We were so glad we came! Now, this is not a fancy restaurant but it is good home cooking! You won't leave hungry and everything is tasty!

2  Thank Amber S
Reviewed 14 February 2017

If you are looking for a small town home cooked meal the Mill Inn is a great place to go! They have a wonderful Buffet every Sunday from about 11am-2pm and are usually very busy. During the week you can enjoy anything from Tenderloins to Fried Chicken. Try the Hot Beef open face sandwich it is a crowd favorite.

1  Thank M582UUdavids
Reviewed 12 December 2016

My husband and I love to go here for Sunday lunch buffet. Perfect fried chicken, creamy mashed potatoes, ham and more!. Sweet, older ladies serve the meals here and are always a delight to chat with.

1  Thank s4stner
Reviewed 12 November 2016

Just a skip from the Elms where my girlfriend and I were staying, we decided to try this place for breakfast. I really wanted to like this cozy little ma and pop restaurant. It's no frills attitude and friendly service really appealed to me. Unfortunately, the food was only average. We both ordered omelets and they were smaller than what a lot of restaurants offer. Furthermore they top their omelets with a slice of American processed cheese product. Neither of us care for the taste or the texture of those rubbery yellow/orange slices. I will say that they are friendly people and the service was excellent. We may return the next time we're in Excelsior Springs and just steer clear of the omelets.