“Better than Average BBQ Maryland Heights, MO”
Review of Bandana's Bar-B-Q

Bandana's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Hazelwood
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 24 August 2017

This restaurant was next door to the Drury Inn where we stayed. Our party included 6 children so we decided to get take out and eat in the hotel room since 3-6 years olds are a little rowdy. We ordered take out from the family size choices. The pulled beef was chunks of tender beef (1 lb.). The chicken included two wings, two drumsticks and some breast meat (1 lb.).The ribs were St. Louis style (1 rack cut into two ribs each) the pulled pork was chunks like the beef (1lb). The sides included baked beans, corn and green beans (approx. a 10 oz. cup of each) and buttered toasted bread. They gave us 10 fork, knife, and napkin packs and Styrofoam dinner plates and plenty of assorted BBQ sauce packets.
Now for the review of the food. The beef and pork were tender with no visible fat and tasted good but lacking in smoky flavor. The chicken has a nice taste, about the same as a rotisserie style. The ribs had no visible fat and tasted OK, but lacking the smoky flavor. They were not tough but not as tender as expected. The sides were great and the bread was well received. I like our home made ribs the best and our home made sauce beats any restaurant BBQ sauce. Overall the food was of good quality but not outstanding in flavor. I think that the flavor was supposed to come from the sauces.
The lovely tall girl that waited on us was very pleasant and efficient. She helped us with our large order and after the food arrived she went through every item on the receipt to make sure it was there. She is a credit to her employer. The Bill was $84 and some change. Would I eat here again? Yes.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I like BBQ and have eaten here numerous times over the years. You can certainly smell the smoke and the staff are good folks. This time around the pork was just OK and my fries seemed a little old, but that sweet tea is "May-I-Have-Another" good.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I went with my wife, 4 small children, and my wife's parents for dinner. Got right back, friendly service, and very tasty food. Portion sizes for entrees were not huge, but that actually worked out well with no leftovers and a bunch of clean plates and satisfied tummies. They did mistake my father-in-law's order for chicken instead of beef, but he still ate it up and loved it.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

The low prices and choices of portion size (Dinner, Lunch, and Budget/Small) are a benefit for those wanting manageable sized meals. They do have beer and wine. It's a pleasant place.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Been gone from the area for 6 years and was excited to eat at Bandana's again. The BBQ turkey and sausage was outstanding! Topped it off with a root beer float!