“Budget Hotel, OK for the price”

Days Inn St. Louis North
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Hazelwood
Fayetteville, NC
“Budget Hotel, OK for the price”
Reviewed 23 August 2010

This hotel is an OLD hotel that has been kept up pretty well.
Front desk clerk (night) was wonderful. (Wilma)
When I went to the office to check out (5:30am), the front lobby was locked.
I tapped on the window (night time access window), but no one ever answered.
I wanted to get my hotel receipt , but I had to catch my flight.
I read the reviews prior my stay and was a bit leery of the hotel, but my room,
I had no problems. The room was large, air conditioner was great, bed was OK.
Overall, the motel is old, but I would recommend this motel if you don’t want anything fancy. Close to restaurants, gas station and airport and downtown St Louis.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Milwaukee, WI.
Reviewed 13 July 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights during a holiday and it was less than $40 a night including all taxes and fees. The room was very LARGE and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the pool was okay. It's less than a 15 minute drive to downtown, the Arch, etc.. What do some of you want for nothing? The only thing bad is no refrigerator or microwave in the room. That would be a plus.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Days Inn rates their locations from one to five sunbursts, based on their quality. Not only would I not give this location a sunburst, I would rate it as two eclipses. The exterior was very shabby and I was quite cautious about climbing the stairs as they were extremely rusty and rickety. The room itself was rather large, but the chair I sat in by the table was ready to collapse if anyone over 130 pounds sat in it. The carpet was stained and the draperies and other furnishings were in dire need of refurbishment.

When I came back to my room for the second night (yep, I stayed for 2 nights because I couldn't find any place else in my price range), my room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk to let them know, but was told that I had informed housekeeping that I diidn't want my room to be cleaned! She also told me that since housekeeping was gone for the day there was nothing she could do about it.

On the plus side, the selection of cable channels was excellent, the room was large, the water pressure in the shower was very good and the location is good if you need to be somewhat close to the airport and relatively close to the light rail.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Hazelwood hotels

Inver Grove Heights, MN
Reviewed 28 May 2009

We booked this hotel online and then found a room elsewhere that fit our needs better, so called the Days Inn to cancel. While they could see our reservation, they refused to cancel the reservation and were very rude about it.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Nashville,Tn.
Reviewed 4 October 2008

NOT UP TO CODE!!!!! I was shocked to see the lamp and clock radio plugged into extenson cords that were plugged into a very loose socket!!
Then the rains came. I had rain mist IN MY ROOM!!!! The drapes and carpet around the front door was soaked!!
NEEDS SOME UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Location and staff was good. But will not stay at this Days Inn again.

• Liked — Location and roon size.
  • Disliked — Extenson cords were used instead of replacing the loose wall sockets.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelwood
0.4 km away
4.8 km away
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis
6.1 km away
Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center

Been to Days Inn St. Louis North? Share your experiences!