“Best German potato salad I ever tasted.”

Concert Hall and Barrel Tavern
Ranked #17 of 31 Restaurants in Hermann
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Built in 1878, the Concert Hall and Barrel is the oldest continually operating tavern west of the Mississippi. Today we proudly continue a time-honored tradition of good food and good times in Hermann, Missouri. Wednesday through Sunday, we serve lunch and dinner, featuring German specialties year-round. Our menu includes a wide selection of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, steaks, pizzas and seafood. Our sports bar is a place where customers can eat, drink and socialize while watching the latest televised sports events on our numerous television screens. We have four big TV screens, and when the patio is open we add another! We serve a wide selection of local wines, craft beers, spirits and signature drinks. As in days of old, the spacious second-floor Concert Hall can accommodate a large group for rehearsal dinners, anniversary parties, birthday parties, business meetings, and fundraisers. A private banquet room on the first floor may be reserved for smaller occasions. Located in historic downtown Hermann, Missouri, it's just a short walk from the Amtrak station, making it a great first or last stop in town.
Reviewed 23 August 2017

The historic setting of this establishment was a treat in and of itself. I opted for a German sampler and everything on the plate was delicious. The mettwurst was especially flavorful, the apple-maple bratwurst was quite tasty, the red cabbage was perfectly seasoned, and the German potato salad was the best I've ever tasted. I wish I had their recipe so I could recreate it at home! My husband ordered a steak and it was a little bit disappointing - a tad overcooked and too much gristle and fat around the edges that should have been trimmed off before cooking. However, a more than fair adjustment was made to our check and the rest of his meal was quite satisfactory. We both agreed that ordering a steak at a restaurant the specializes in German food was probably a mistake. The prices were reasonable and the portions generous. Our server was attentive and the food was hot and served in a reasonable amount of time. All in all, it was a pleasant dining experience.

Dear Janet,
Thanks for your nice review. We are glad you enjoyed the German food and that you let the server know about your steak. We appreciate your business and hope that you do visit us again.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Went here with friends to get dinner and drink but so smokey we left so can't rate the food honestly. If smoke doesn't bother you let me know how it is.

Dear Cindy,
Thanks for your review. We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your visit. We will make sure that the owners see your comments.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We used the Concert Hall for the rehearsal dinner for my son's wedding. We were given plenty of time to decorate and their staff even helped us finish up when I was running late to get to the rehearsal. The food was excellent. I chose to supply the desserts myself and they graciously accommodated me. Everyone there was incredibly kind and supportive of a stressed out mom of the groom! The price for the dinner was amazingly reasonable and everyone had a great time!
I also had lunch in the pub downstairs when I was researching sites for the rehearsal dinner and it was very good. The Concert Hall and Barrel is a don't miss place when you visit Hermann! I can't say enough wonderful things about them!

Hi Sharlette,
Thanks for your great review! We are so glad you were happy with your rehearsal dinner. We appreciate all your kind words about the food, staff and venue. We will make sure to let the staff know about your kind words. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you and your family again.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We had a blast here! There happen to be a DJ upstairs here at the Concert Hall and Barrel...the bartenders downstairs told us we could go up....so glad we did! The girls had so much fun dancing the night away!

Management response:Responded 2 October 2017

Thanks for your great review! We are so glad you enjoyed the music! We appreciate your business and hope you visit us again very soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We stopped in for lunch on our first day in town. Our food was very good, service was good and the atmosphere was good.

H Jan,
Thanks for your nice review! We are so glad you enjoyed the food and service. We appreciate your business and hope you come back and see us again very soon!
Concert Hall and Barrel

Been to Concert Hall and Barrel Tavern? Share your experiences!