See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 November 2015

We spent a night there a few weeks ago and it was perfect. Not a lot of frills but when you go to Hermann you are likely there for the wineries, not to hang out in your room. Breakfast was great and Kate was fantastic.
We'll definitely be back.

Date of stay: November 2015
1  Thank CYoung83
Reviewed 27 May 2015

While searching online for Memorial Day weekend...I found this little gem. The reviews were amazing & so I decided to give this place a try! I called the owner (Kate) and she called me back right away. I was able to book the room for my boyfriend and myself with just my word that we would show up...which I found very admirable. When we got there...we were actually surprised on the other reviews about the street view. We found the place to be very charming. Yes...the road that you have to use to get there does need a bit of work, but the outside of the B&B is beautiful. There is a beautiful dogwood blooming near a pond full of fish. It is a nature lover's dream. We were hoping to use the firepit, but it ended up raining all night. But the next morning...we enjoyed some coffee outside by the firepit. We even met a cool frog that we named Bob. LOL! The rooms are very reasonable. $120 for a Sunday night. She told us to make ourselves at home. She greeted us every time we saw her. We talked about flowers, food and nature. Let me not forget to mention that the food was AMAZING! We were the only ones staying there that night...so we had the place to ourself. It was very relaxing. When we visit Hermann again...we will so be staying here.

Room tip: Get a room close to the deck so you have easy access to sit outside and enjoy the evening
Date of stay: April 2015
1  Thank Angie S
Reviewed 10 March 2015

I had a reservation, by email. Then later when I asked for a conformation letter or number I was told "sorry" we made a mistake were full. This was for a date that there was a festival and rooms became hard to come by. So to much time passed and had to book in the next town. in the end going to the next town came to our benifit, as the prices were Much lower and the B&B was so mush nicer (Martha's & Toms b&b) in Owensville. Also everything is newer and fresher and only 19 minutes away.

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank m19542015
Kate G, Owner at Neufeld-Davies Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2015

I made an honest mistake and looked at the wrong Month at the initial conversation, and rectified it as soon as possible. Unfortunately I had the whole house booked from the year before so that reservation had to stand.

Reviewed 20 October 2014

Do NOT stay at this B&B! One of the owners, Kate, promised a room to my husband and I for a weekend getaway this month. A few days later, she emailed and said that we could no longer have the room because one of her relatives was coming into town! We had looked forward to this trip for several months and were shocked and angry that she flippantly gave our room away like that. Now we will not be able to visit Hermann! So frustrating and disappointing. I will never give them any business in the future.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kate G, Owner at Neufeld-Davies Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2015

I too felt terrible about cancelling this nights stay, however my son came home earlier than I expected from Afghanistan and surprised me. In hindsight I could have made other arrangements for my son.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed two nights, which was two nights too many. The rooms were very cold and musty. The shower leaked all night as well. The first breakfast was a continental breakfast, not a hot home cooked meal. That night, our host came home drunk at 2:30am waking us up! We waited for breakfast the next morning and there was none. We found our host passed out in the guest room on the main level with the door opened! Too bad...Worst visit ever. I do not recommend staying here.

Date of stay: December 2013
2  Thank Kimberly B

Unfortunately I was out of town and had someone come in and run the B&B that weekend. Never again.