“Puffy Calzone”

Pizza by the Chef
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Hollister
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I ordered cheesy garlic bread and a calzone here and they were delicious! The calzone was very buttery and soft, and the marinara was flavorfully sweet.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

great fresh flavors, variety of pizza options, good salads, very friendly service. seating for about 50, & you can call ahead for pick-up. local folks drive many miles for their pizza. convenient parking.

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

quirky VW decor, but the pizza's amazing. easy to understand why they won so many awards for their pizza! thin or thick crust, amazing fresh flavors from all pizza ingredients. i've seen people drive 30 miles to get pizzas from here! they also have good green salads. call ahead, they bake pizzas to go. decent wait time, staff really know what they're doing.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

I'd take a picture but the food is all gone! It was delicious. Small and unassuming. Don't judge it by the building. The pizza is out of this world.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

My husband and I stumbled upon this little place. The staff was friendly and provided prompt and attentive service. My husband had a sandwich that he really liked. I had a Hawaiian pizza. We both had house salads with the house dressing. The dressing was marvelous. If they sold it in bottles, I would have purchased it to use at home on salad and as a marinade. (My husband kept the leftover from his salad to use on his sandwich. It already had some on it which made it taste great.)

The pizza was good, but I would have liked more toppings. The mandarin oranges were unique. Not necessarily good or bad.

Overall, I return to have another salad and try another pizza.