“Excellent Food, Highly Recommend, Cannot wait to go back”
Review of Golden Garden

Golden Garden
Ranked #37 of 130 Restaurants in Lisburn
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 14 December 2016

Called in last night for some dinner prior to going shopping.

I had ate in it many years ago but obviously the interior has had a major re-vamp and it was lovely. Now be warned the dining area is quite small with few tables the carryout is adjacent to it. This was no problem to us as there was only a few other diners there when we were but I would imagine if busy it would get noisy.

Anyway back to the food. £12.00 for two course special which had plenty to choose from.

We had the chicken and sweetcorn soup, salted chilli spare ribs and spring rolls. All of which were gorgeous. The soup so lovely and thick with plenty of flavour, the ribs were deemed amazing and the amount of filling the spring rolls had were amazing.

For mains we had a beef in black bean, chicken curry and chicken satay all with fried rice. Again food came promptly plenty of flavour and very good portion sizes too.

All the food was fab, all was served quickly and hot. I would have no problem recommending this place to others.

The girls serving were both lovely and so friendly. They could not have been any nicer. We are looking forward to going back soon.

Many thanks for a gorgeous meal served with plenty of smiles :-)

1  Thank JacksBelfast

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

I decided to order a take away from Golden Garden as it had great reviews on TripAdvisor. I couldn't see a menu on the Internet so just ordered what I like from a Chinese; schezuan chicken and prawn toasts. When it arrived I couldn't believe it cost £16! I only live 2 miles away so for a single meal it was extortionate. Also it wasn't even nice! very bland, no spice at all. I will never be back!

3  Thank Emma C
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Just had food delivered from Golden Garden and it was lovely I am well travelled and know good Chinese food this was delicious! ! Quick delivery too!

1  Thank Katgirl2005
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

We decided to try here for a Sunday night meal.
The tables are behind the carry out counter.
So phone ringing and customers at counter are a noisy back ground to a meal.
A really noisy couple of families drinking and talking about holidays plus kids running around and a man moving from his seat to and from counter talking and cursing as part of his normal patter is woeful.
The food was equally as bad. Chicken satay starter was 2 large bits of thigh meat with a curry sauce. Not satay and rubbery meat. Spring rolls were poor. My sweet and sour chicken was awful as was my friends honey chilli chicken . No honey but sickly syrup .
The girl serving spent too much time with the noisy lot. When we could get her attention she was friendly.
We were never as glad to pay and get out for peace and quiet.
We will never go back.

1  Thank frankm654
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Pretty standard Chinese restaurant with the usual run of the mill food (sweet and sour, lemon chicken etc) Average price for a dish is about £9, although they do have an early bird deal Mon-Thur. There are better Chinese restaurants in Lisburn. Staff however are very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Xhara71