“Great Day!”
Review of Chica Locca

Chica Locca
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This will be the best day of your life! It will be an unforgettable experience aboard a 60 foot custom trimaran that has been fully renovated to being the most comfortable boat on the bay and a unique and memorable way to enjoy the beautiful Banderas Bay. Chica Locca Tours is a Family owned and Family operated charter with the owner on board on most every charter to ensure that every customer has an unforgettable experience. A whole new level of comfort! Let us pamper you with an amazing array of wonderful food and upscale premium beverages. OUR TOURS ARE ALL INCLUSIVE. Snorkel with amazing marine life at the unforgettable Marieta Islands or relax on the fluffy comfortable cushions on the deck and enjoy the dolphins and whales that always come very close to the Chica Locca. We offer different packages to suit your trip, Marietas island, Yelapa or a private charter with your agenda. Your trip includes Whale Watching, Snorkeling, Kayaking, Water slides,Paddle Boarding,Fishing, Water tubes, Breakfast & a gourmet lunch, upscale premium open Bar and snacks. We offer free transportation on our exclusive Mexican Limo :P from Sayulita for all our daily public tours and offer pick up from any location around the bay area for all private tours. Our Private tours can hold up to 85 and our public tours we accept only 75 % (54 people) capacity to ensure maximum comfort for all guests Enjoy the time of your life on the Chica Locca! Some additional amenities are 2 outside fresh water showers, 4 bathrooms, a second floor sun deck for sunbathing, splash net that can hold up to 20 people, a large dance floor with pole and much more on the way. Quite simply the nicest boat on Banderas Bay. When you try us once you will be hooked.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was a wonderful boat cruise. It was a full day and included breakfast, lunch, open bar and ended with delicious ceviche. The crew was amazing, very friendly and helpful! We saw whales and dolphins. We went to Marietas Island, snorkeled, paddle board and kayaked. There were 2 slides on the boat. Fabulous day!!

Hi there!
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and for taking the time to let me know you had a positive experience with us! I'm thrilled to hear you got to see such amazing wildlife and I hope you'll come join us again!
:) Gil

Write a ReviewReviews (1,438)
All reviews
"whales and dolphins"
in 31 reviews
"wedding party"
in 15 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 13 reviews
"booze cruise"
in 28 reviews
"food was great"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was looking for a day of fun on the water and this boat did not disappoint. My friends suggested Chica Locca, as it was my buddies birthday and he sailed for free! The staff are so fun and work hard to ensure you have a good time..drinks flow (except while at the island-new regulations for the park are quite strict) and they provide a light breakfast, yummy lunch and the best civiche I’ve tried. Great music, fun activites(paddle boarding kayaking snorkeling etc) and whales, dolphins and turtles. Fun fun fun.

Hi there!
I'm so happy to hear that you had a great time on your tour! Thank you so much for letting us know -- it really makes our day! Take care and come join us again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked the Chica Locca Dos for two families, 4 adults, 5 kids ages 2 1/2-8 yrs old. We were greeted by the crew with plates of continental breakfast, juice, coffee, etc. The boat is clean, looks very new and has a lot of deck space both on top and below as well as a good amount of shade. The front of the boat has a large, cushioned area to lay out and relax as well. Julie was the masseuse on the boat and was giving everyone a relaxing massage. Even the kids got a massage, which they loved. We were at the tail end of whale watching season and got to see a lot of whales up close, which was amazing. We also saw a few manta rays cruising around our boat as well. I can't say enough about the experience, from our captain, David, to all the rest of the crew, Luis, Chema, and Alan for making the day really memorable.

Our first stop, we deployed some kayaks and SUP's and cruised around a protected bay. There is some snorkel gear on board as well, which I was able to use to swim around the rocky formations.

We had the option of going to shore at Yelapa but none of us wanted to leave the boat! We also had the option of playing our own music on board. I would recommend you download a few of your favorite playlists on Spotify or Pandora if you are particular about what music you want on the boat. The Wifi wasn't working too well on board and it's pretty far away to get cell reception when you're out on open water. We also were able to do some trolling on the way out the island, but the fish weren't cooperating with us. I will definitely look up the Chica Locca crew for our next time down in Punta de Mita.

1  Thank inlandtraveller78

Hi there!
Thank you so much for leaving such wonderful feedback for us! I'm so happy to hear you had a great time on your private charter and that everyone enjoyed the massage therapist! It makes our day to know you guys had an amazing day -- thank you again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If I could have scripted the best day ever, I would have fallen so short in describing my day out with Chicca Locca! It really was the best day ever... and a easy highlight of our stay in Sayulita.

To take a step back, we didn't just stumble upon Chicca Locca. They came highly recommended from a friend, and we were searching for a team to take a large party (more than 60) of our friends and family out on a boat for the day. The crew of Chicca Locca, repping their "I MY JOB" shirts, dazzling all of my party with an amazing day on the water, 5 star service and a jam packed of memories! Exceeding expectations really doesn't do it justice. We had our own whale watching with at least 3 separate packs of whales including a momma with two babies. They took us to a private cove for us to swim around, play on paddle boards, floats, and snorkel. We even had the crew swimming tequila shots to us on trays through the water. We had delicious snacks and meals throughout the day, the music never stopped, the drinks were never empty, and the residual smiles and memories drifted on for days.

You've done it right Chicca Locca! Thanks for the best day ever!

Chica L, Owner at Chica Locca, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Roya!

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review!! I'm so thrilled to hear you and your friends had an amazing day on the boat -- that's why we do what we do! Your feedback really makes our day. Thank you again and please come join us another time!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a fun day for us out on the water. Gil, your staff on this boat are fabulous and they do such a great job of making sure we all felt pampered. So attentive to making sure we always had drinks, food etc.

Our tour was to the Marieta Islands. If you are really into birds you will probably love it! For us we were really looking forward to the snorkelling portion, but it was only okay. They did have kayaks and paddle boards though, so that was cool.

The boat was great! It has an upper deck and lower deck, 2 bathrooms, lots of lounging areas etc. On the way out to the islands we were going against the swells so it was pretty wavy up on the top deck. We ended up going back down to the main deck where it was much better. On the way back, going with the waves was much smoother. There are a few different (cushioned!) areas on the boat to find shade or sun, whichever you prefer. Upper deck has 5 zero gravity chairs, and a big bean bag type bed which 2 of us curled up and was so relaxing just rolling with the waves! Nice lunch, snacks and lots of drinks provided throughout the day. Anything you would like, just ask – these guys work so hard to please!

Whales & Dolphins – The captain was great at keeping us close but not too close to the beautiful whales and dolphins. It’s the end of the season here, so most have started heading back up north, but we still had some great viewing. Mama humpback and her calf were breaching and playing within great viewing distance of the boat…. So cool!!

They have someone on board taking pictures all day, and the memory stick with all the photos is available for purchase at the end of the day. It was about $25 USD. If you know ahead of time that you would like to have the photos, then make sure you get him to take ones that you would like. There are some group / family shots that he does of everyone, but I also asked him to take a few of my kids posed together. Then he ended up taking some random ones of them goofing off in the waves as well which was fun. There are a lot of pics on the stick they give you, and some of them turned out awesome! It was a fun day out on the water, enjoying the sunshine, and nice to get out of the resort for a bit.

Great boat & great staff!

Chica L, Owner at Chica Locca, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi there!

Wow, thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me about your experience! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the boat and all that we offer -- including the crew and the photography team! Thanks so much and I hope you join us again when you're next in town!