All reviews no electricity oil lamps connect with nature cooking class sweat lodge a quick taxi ride natural beauty open air magical place nearby town private beach ocean and jungle views favorite spot amazing property falling asleep one of a kind waves crashing
Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

Great experience! We hired the romantic package, includes great massages, romantic dinners. Hotel is in the jungle, no lights, no internet in the rooms, good opportunity to rest and disconnect from everything. Chef is amazing. Please consider that need to walk a lot. Pool has the best view. They have yoga retreats.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ana F
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Amazing ! Wonderful food! Wonderful staff! Amazing views from the casitas as well as the yoga pavilions .
The beach is to die for . The massages are magical !
Only suggestion would be that all the casitas be equipped with fans for those really hot humid days and nights. ( currently some have fans and others do not )

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank AndiRedden
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Haramara is a Magical, absolutely stunning place to visit! There's no electricity in your casita, I loved falling asleep to the noise of the ocean waves, I got to know nature (maybe even more than I wanted to) it had me feeling so relaxed i actually felt like I was on vacation! Also, the food they made was so amazing and so healing! Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2016

Before our stay at the Haramara retreat in July 2016, we have never thought that such a beautiful natural place directly located up the jungle hills could influence positively your philosophy to life – getting connected deeply with the nature or the mother earth and trying to enjoy every moment.
My mother and I have booked for 8 days the sample package which included 2 meals daily, roundtrip airport transportation, 2x 90 minute yoga classes, 1x 60 minute massage per person and 1x $60 onsite credit voucher. We have stayed in the Agate Casita which has two separated beds, a nice terrace and a wonderful ocean view. Due to the hot weather in July we highly appreciated that we got two ventilators in our room.
The yoga classes together with Memo were absolutely fantastic as he was able to give us, if it was necessary, individual exercises. Apart from that he also did with us meditation or the energizing yoga breathing which I could use now for different activities in order to stay at all times in balance. Together with the different type of healing massages - such as hot stone massage, belly massage, deep tissue massage or reiki massage – and the organic, fresh and very delicious food, you were highly boosted to get back to your roots and finding your inner self.
Moreover, the supports by Maria, Victoria or Lulu were great during our stay. They had always a sympathetic ear, giving us recommendations or organising us different activities such as surfing or additional yoga classes with Memo. Also the service staffs were very warm-hearted and were very eager to make our staying as pleasant as possible.
Thanks to all the above factors we have been highly in balance with ourselves and felt deeply connected with the nature and mother earth when we had to leave again. Hopefully we will come back soon to this wonderful, magical place where your inner diamond will brought out and start shining bright.
Last some things which are very recommendable to take with you when staying at the Haramara Retreat:
-Flash Light: in order to walk through the jungle to the dinner
-Good matchstick or automatic matchstick: to light easier the petrol lamp in your room

Namaste y muchas gracias an el team de Haramara

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Harpyia
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I stayed at Haramara for a yoga retreat. The property is simply beautiful: amazing views everywhere you look of the ocean and mountains. The staff is incredibly warm and courteous, always going out of their way to make sure guests are well taken care of. The vegetarian food was incredible and meals were definitely a highlight of my stay. I stayed at one of the casitas facing the ocean which was tidy and clean with a magnificent ocean view. My one issue, and a fairly important one, is the fact that Haramara has no ceiling fans. We are told that there is no electricity or wifi at Haramara so guest can unplug and connect with the earth. While I am totally bought into that philosophy, trying to sleep in humid, 90 degree weather is simply not comfortable or necessary. Having ceiling fans to move the air, and chase the mosquitos away, would be a hugely beneficial addition--and would definitely push my review to 5 stars.

Room Tip: Lapis Lazuli is lovely, beach-facing casita--fantastic.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo