All reviews wedding planner plunge pool in town la costa amazing wedding golf cart playa de los muertos filtered water air conditioning fell in love gorgeous views small kitchen main beach karen amor bonita serenata
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at one of the ocean view villas up in the clif. Was quite the hike getting up there but it all added to the experience! The 11:30 AM yoga lessons by the pool were very cool. Wonderful hotel close to Playa De Los Muertos, which we found to be the nicest in Sayulita.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Patsy J, Management at Villa Amor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Hello Alex F : We agree the view from the top of our property is magnificent. Even so, all of our villas face the ocean and boast of beautiful views. Some do not require a hike up the hill. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy you took advantage of our free yoga sessions and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

This was our second time staying at Villa Amor. This time we brought 50 friends and family with us. Everyone had a great experience!
Perfectly situated on the curve of town looking back at main beach and main town square are. Rooms are very nice and each have their own unique qualities. We love the Serena for its outdoor lounging area and air conditioned bed and bathroom.
The restaurant/bar on site, while not affiliated directly with Villa Amor, serves great breakfasts at a great location.
Karen, the Villa Amor wedding planner, put on our wedding. We couldn't have been happier with the end result. The venue (Beach wedding), organization, and details were all perfect. It is tough, at times to place all of your trust in a planner so far away, but Karen was great and our wedding was perfect.
All of the staff were really helpful, but I wanted to single out Ricardo. He was awesome. He made sure everything anyone in our group needed was taken care of. He did the same on our first visit last year.
We can't wait to go back and will stay here every time

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Patsy J, Management at Villa Amor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear land2088: What a wonderful message. Thank you for coming back to Villa Amor for your wedding. We are delighted that everything worked out so well for you. Two of our very special people: Karen and Ricardo were there for you and I agree, they are the best. When Karen plans a wedding, it is worry free for you and extra special for all who attend. We are definitely looking forward to your return next year for your anniversary!

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Villa Amor the beginning of May, the weather was superb as was our accommodation ‘Tesoro’.
Each villa is so different & although we did not have a balcony (our choice), our view was absolutely divine.
We found the town of Sayulita very layback & a great place to chill. Plenty of places to eat & drink.
And of an afternoon coming back to Villa Amor & relaxing by the pool to escape the heat of the day was perfect!
Following our stay at Villa Amor, we went to an all-inclusive resort for a wedding, let me tell you, there is no competition on where I will return to if given the opportunity!
Sayulita & Villa Amor, you have won our hearts ❤️

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Patsy J, Management at Villa Amor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Hello Deborah B: Thank you for your kind words about your stay at Villa Amor. You found our magic: each villa is delightfully unique, yet all have the best views in Sayulita. We are happy that you were able to enjoy your stay at Villa Tesoro. A short walk into the village of Sayulita and then back to our pool is the best way to enjoy the day. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

My husband and I stayed in La Costa, a suite. It was charming and had alot of character as it's round in shape with a thatched roof that gave it a real tropical vibe. Our room was right above the 'street' that runs along the water but it didn't bother me in the least and I'm the lightest sleeper I know. We had a view of the ocean from our kitchenette. Speaking of, the kitchenette came in handy for storing drinks or leftovers in the fridge. The food at the hotel was great! Breakfast was delicious and we had dinner for a wedding welcome party that was also very good/fresh. The service was excellent from the front desk to the restaurant/bar. The only concern came on the last day when a friend came in and said our room smelled moldy...to which I agreed as I hadn't noticed prior. We did run the AC almost nonstop but I developed a cold and I wonder if the mold was to blame. Can't say for sure. We enjoyed the daybed swing, so relaxing especially when opening a window to hear the ocean waves while you swing/sleep. The patio was small/quaint and just perfect for the 2 of us. The lighting in the bathroom and closet are a little dark and there aren't any easily accessible full length mirrors which was slightly tricky for a female getting ready to attend a wedding so keep that in mind. It ended up just fine of course! I would definitely stay at Villa Amor again!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Patsy J, Management at Villa Amor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Hi, Sarah N.: You definitely stayed in the heart of Villa Amor. Villa Costa is a perfect place for two. We will check on the filter of that AC unit to make sure it is functioning properly. Thank you for the information. We love our 5 star staff and they certainly live up to their reputation of excellent service. Weddings are always such happy occasions; we are happy to have been able to make your attendance such a wonderful experience.Villa Amor looks forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 7 May 2018

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights for my brother's wedding, and everything was fantastic. We stayed in Mar Vida, which is something like 100 steps up a steep hill; it was quite a workout each day, but definitely worth the view! The dipping pool on our patio was cute and refreshing, but we didn't go in it much. The view was incredible. The room was well-appointed and nicely decorated. I read other reviews that complained about the bugs, as the doors are not sealed very well, but we had no problems whatsoever save for a stray ant or 2. Maybe it's because it's still the dry season? There's no door on the shower so water gets all over the bathroom floor There is a door to the bathroom, so there is some privacy.

But the staff were extremely friendly, attentive, and helpful, and the views from all over the property were spectacular. It really is a perfect location: a short walk to town but still kinda secluded and quiet. Playa de los Muertos is a very short walk south through an interesting and colorful cemetery (hence the name), and it is gorgeous and much less crowded than the main beach.

My brother and sister-in-law had their wedding at Junto al Rio beach, and the ceremony and reception were magical. The location was perfect; the reception area had several long tables amid lush jungle, steps from the beach. And as usual, the Villa Amor staff were on point. I can't say enough good things about this place and about Sayulita. Go there!

Room Tip: Stay in a room closer to the street if you have mobility issues; the stairs to the higher villas are numerous and steep.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dana T
Patsy J, Management at Villa Amor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hello Dana T. Wow! Thank you for sharing your magical stay at Villa Amor and Sayulita for your brother's wedding. We are delighted that the views and location were to your liking. Each of our villas is unique and we are glad that you enjoyed staying in Mar Vida. Our staff receives many compliments for their outstanding service and sincere desire to help. Villa Amor's location makes it very easy to spend time either at Playa de los Muertos or in town. We look forward to your return.