“Fantastic fresh food and colorful atmosphere!”

Chenchos restaurant
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Troncones
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

My son and I dropped in to Troncones quite by accident as it is off the beaten path just north of Zihuantenejo. What a delightful surprise. The chili relents were highly recommended so I had to bite. I enjoyed the shrimp relents and the meal was my favorite in this sleepy little town.
My son ordered the lobster and it was equally amazing and a giant portion.
Be sure to make time to visit this local, family owned gem

Reviewed 25 February 2018

The best real Mexican food around. The Chili Rellenos is sooo good, the Tortilla Soup, the Guacamole, Camarones el Mojo de Ajo, everything on the menu is freshly made and local. Seating for about 35 and all coming from the small kitchen, hand prepared by the Senora "Chencho" for ten years with the same detail to preparation and freshness. A meal for two and drinks for $25CAD to $35 for the daily specials like Red Snapper, Mahi Mahi or Lobster. The best value anywhere and you'll find no better quality.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Every year we come to Troncones, we are always sure to visit Chenchos - many times. The best food, made with love, by the loveliest family in town. Angelica is a magician in the kitchen and Chencho mixes the most kicking margarita for miles. GO!

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We have eaten there twice so far,the food was fantastic ,very clean,great family run restaurant , the Chilli Reanose (incorrect spelling)where fantastic,one of the best I have had,will be going back

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Last year on our visit to Troncones, we ate at every place in town, but returned here more because it was great.
This year was no different, the selection of items for breakfast, lunch and dinner is very good, the food is always delicious, good service, great prices, and the owners running the restaurant could not be any friendlier.
Again, I would rate this the best place in town to eat, will return again on our next trip to Troncones.

1  Thank TonySeattleWA