“Believe the hype!”

dolbydog
Houston, TX
“Believe the hype!”
Reviewed 20 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We're pretty jaded travelers so we made sure to lower our expectations from where they would normally be based on the photos and reviews. I mean, the pics looked good; really good. Having said that, this place and the experience we had went way beyond even our more idealistic hopes! I could go into fine details regarding the meals, rooms, beach and even the surrounding (aka- picturesque and rustic town combined with quaint expat businesses) area but it's not necessary. Assuming you are looking for a little slice of paradise with enough privacy to forget about the rest of the world, this is the place. I was legitimately conflicted regarding this review as being honest and sharing my experience only encourages others to visit and that means that I'll have to share. So I guess I'm jaded and selfish...

Your age range 35-49
BHED
Seattle, Washington
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 11 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

You will love every minute of this beautiful place. The architecture, the grounds, the view, are all stunning. The organic linen sheets and thick cotton towels are such a luxury. Perfect for three couple, each had there own separate suite/building. All of them perfect. The owners handmade rugs are an amazing artistic touch. The chef made us dinner in the main Palapa while we swam and lounged around the pool. The food and the service were wonderful. Matter of fact, we had nothing but delicious food for an entire week long vacation. We went with the owners recommendations for restaurants and could not believe what high quality meals we had. We all loved our massages. The bodysurfing right out in front of Cangrejo y Toro was superb due to the warm temperature of the water and absolutely perfect waves. We also loved paddle boarding in the lagoon near by.
All of us felt that a return trip was a must!

Pili73201...
Queretaro, Mexico
“Paradise”
Reviewed 21 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

I went with my family to Cangrejo y Toro the last week of the year, we had the most amazing experience, the place is beatiful, the staff incredible... they cooked us the most delicious fish for New Years that I have ever tasted!!! If you are planning on going to a Mexican beach for your next vacations don't hesitate to stay here!!! Thanks for a one of a kind vacations!! A little piece of paradise...

A TripAdvisor Member
Wenatchee, Washington
“This place though...”
Reviewed 28 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Above the impeccable ambience, is the energy on these grounds. The beauty and tranquility at Congrejo y Toro is only surpassed by the sensation of complete bliss here. I am so grateful to have been able to spend some days in this sanctuary, and hope to return soon with some yogis! Love love love from Dakota & Bridget Shae!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
karisbern...
“Cangrejo y Toro is an extremely beautiful property with breathtaking ocean views and beach access.”
Reviewed 20 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

My family and I had a great time at Cangrejo y Toro....such a beautiful home and inviting and competent staff. Richard was extremely gracious and easy to work with and very helpful in planning out trip, giving advice about rental cars, exchanging money, buying groceries, and suggesting activities. Many extracurricular activities are available and the staff were very helpful at arranging whatever you it is that you would like to do. We went horseback riding on the beach and the horses were brought right up to the property. We also went deep sea fishing and caught several large tuna which Paloma prepared for us afterward. I can't say enough about our experience at Cangrejo y Toro. Absolutely an extrordinary, life changing experience. We will definitely return.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$1,000
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing