“Used to be great - not so any more”
Review of Richmond Maze and Tearooms - CLOSED

Richmond Maze and Tearooms
Reviewed 15 March 2016

We loved the Richmond Maze growing up. I am not sure if it has got worse, or if my standards have changed, but our latest visit was a let down. It was littered with garbage, broken fence palings, graffiti and spiders webs. The centre of the mazes were the most phenomenal let down with ruined filthy "structure" in the middle of one, and a lame, nothing to do with anything picture that must have come from the two dollar shop in the other. Not a good place to visit with active young children who are still learning to take direction - trying to catch and active two year old who climbed under a fence or two was near impossible and terrifying. Would not go back.

Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

Visited with my husband and 3 children and my adult brother, the mazes were challenging enough without being too hard and the staff were lovely.

Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

Had a great idea to have a Sunday wLk around Richmond and have lunch at a local tourist location. All organised and excited see what the owners have done, especially with the new tourist season coming up.
It was closed, more other than the sign saying what they would like to do the location was tired and needed a good clean .
I would stay clear for 12 months or so until they get their act together- currently looks like they are playing at being in tourism.

Reviewed 5 December 2015

I understand that there is some development underway on the new maze, but give some attention to your cafe. Had lunch there. I ordered bruschetta and was totally disappointed. It was two slices of white bread toasted, a small amount of diced tomato and I would guess a whole red onion! I scraped off at pile of onion onto the place - would have been inedible otherwise. If you are going to serve bruschetta p,ease learn how to make it. My parents ordered some toasted sandwiches - one was correct the other not. Went to the toilet to find a sign on the door - sorry latch broken, please knock before opening. Needs some work!!!