All reviewsfree streetcarvalet parkingstudio roomfront desk associatemarket areakitchen areaclean propertyfull kitchenpower and light districtentire roomcouple blocksvolleyball tournamentincluded breakfastper dayunion stationvalet servicewithin walking distance
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Check in was a little slow, but everything else went well. Front desk was pleasant, the Room was clean, bed was comfortable. Ordered food from the little bistro and it was tasty and prices not bad. I opted to use parking across the street for 5.00

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gregory W
Michael M, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Kansas City Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Hello Gregory W

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review on TripAdvisor!

I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our staff work very hard to make each guest feel right at home when here at the Residence Inn.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

My daughter recently was married in KC, she and her fiance chose the Residence Inn to be the hotel for out of town guests. As the father of the bride, i was incredibly impressed with the cordial attitude of everyone we met that worked for the hotel. From the first impression the Valets made until the day we left. Well done!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Hello bzimmer576 -

Wow! Thank you for that great write-up on TripAdvisor! I'm thrilled to read you and your guests loved our Hotel and staff. We work hard in making memorable moments for each of our guests while they stay with us.

Congratulations on the wedding!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

This hotel is a Residence Inn and a Courtyard under one roof. They share a front desk, elevators, housekeeping, maintenance, etc. When you get to your floor and get off the elevator there are signs to direct you left for the Residence Inn and right for the Courtyard. We were staying in the Residence Inn and needed to use our room key to get into the complimentary breakfast area. There is also the typical Courtyard “Le Bistro” for all patrons to enjoy.
These hotels are conveniently located near the convention center and the fairly new performing arts center. There is a free streetcar line a half a block from the hotel and several bus lines within a block or too. We were without a car so this came in handy. We had arrived to Kansas City on Amtrak and the streetcar went from the beautiful Union Station almost to our hotel door. This line also goes up to the popular City Market area and the Arabia Steamboat museum a “must see” in Kansas City. We took the buses to restaurants and other museums. They were reasonable and convenient and you could buy a day-pass right from a driver.
This hotel was fresh and new with nothing out of place. The size of our suite was refreshing after having spent the previous night in a “roomette” on the train. The staff were friendly, courteous, and efficient.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoyceC
Michael M, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Kansas City Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hello Joyce C -

Thank you for much for taking the time to give us a great review on TripAdvisor!

I'm thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay with us. I could not agree more, our location is ideal! We're centrally located in a very popular location with many main attractions either directly outside our door or just a quick 5 minute walk away. Our building is rather 'unique' in providing accommodations to both guests staying with Courtyard by Marriott and Residence Inn by Marriott.

Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend and it was a very pleasant visit. Check in and valet worked smoothly for us although we didn't seem to hit the peak times so that may have helped. Breakfast was nice but like a previous reviewer said, most of the "hot" food was really lukewarm. By the time you got it to the table to eat, it could hardly be called hot and barely lukewarm. This seems to be the reality for most hotel breakfasts though so I've grown accustomed. That said, I will say that at every turn the staff was very friendly. I did not meet a single staff member who didn't make a point of saying hi and most asked how our stay was. The rooms were very clean and appeared pretty new and in good condition. I don't understand why hotels seem to be going to having only a half glass wall in the shower. All the warm air escapes and unless you are under the water at all times, it's cold. I just don't get it. That said, I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the area. It's walking distance away from the Power & Light District so there are plenty of restaurants and bars to visit. The area is undergoing some construction at this time so getting to the hotel is a bit tricky when you are new to the area but it's still doable.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Michael M, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Kansas City Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hello Peper81 -

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor!

I'm thrilled to read you had a great stay with us. I know our staff work very hard to make each guest feel great and welcomed from the moment a person arrives to their departure.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I’m a platinum Marriott member and rarely get upgraded while traveling domestically. I stayed here one night and the front desk associate was one of the more friendly people I’ve encountered in a hotel recently. He upgraded my room and was very friendly and amicable.

The room was clean, looked brand new and had everyone you could need for a good stay. The WiFi was fast and my room was quiet even though there is construction in the area.

Would 100% stay here again!!! A+++

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Hi Smittie684!

WOW! Thanks for the great review on TripAdvisor!

I'm thrilled to read you were not only shocked on the way you were treated upon arrival, but had a great stay too! Our Elite Members are so valuable to Marriott and I'm thrilled to see my staff went above and beyond for you.