“Great food. Polite service.”
Review of Eddie Vs

Eddie Vs
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Vs is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,446 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

We started out with the carpet bagger fried oysters in the bar during happy hour. Strange huge bed of salt. 1st bite ruined. I was disappointed that they didn't have any frozen non alcoholic (or frozen alcoholic)beverages. However, great lemonade eased my disappointment a bit. Our friend had sea bass, fruit salad, and chose broccoli to share with us. My hubby had lobster bisque which he rated B+. He loved the scallops. They were the perfect size. I had the iceberg salad, crab stuffed shrimp, shared crab fried rice. Great. We had the banana foster cake. (It was fun to watch the fire. ) Marion was our waiter. He was professional. He allowed us plenty of time to talk. He happily made adjustments to accomodate our special dietary needs.The place is beautiful. The jazz added a nice touch. Lively group of people at nearby tables. I loved that most people were dressed in business casual or up. It's a class act place. Free valet parking. All in all it was a lovely setting with great food for our 25 yr. celebration of friendship.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

first time visit to this high-end food and drink emporium. a beautiful evening with a nice breeze. outdoor space was full of diners and the doors/windows were open allowing the fresh air into the bar area. we sat at the somewhat minimalist bar which allows good sight lines throughout.
bartenders were professional and efficient offering a large array of premium spirits. i choose a Tanqueray 10 martini and companion, a Crown Royal manhatten. both divine. we perused the extensive happy hour food menu finding many fetching offerings. the lamp pops, crisp and perfectly medium rare. the fried oysters and seared tenderloin with blue cheese, marvelously decadent. but the piece de resistance is the calamari kung pao style with roasted cashews. this we loitered over with chop sticks at the ready. the bar area features live music which creates good energy and makes conversation difficult.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

This was our first time at Eddie V's. They offer complimentary valet parking, which is very nice.

Ambience: This place is gorgeous; very upscale and modern décor. They had a jazz band which played quietly in the background as we dined.

Food: My husband and I ordered the Lobster Tacos (absolutely fantastic..our favorite item), Lobster Bisque, Parmesan Sole (huge portion), Crab Cake (large enough to share), Battered Fried Oysters, Au Gratin Cheddar Potatoes (huge portion) and the Crab Fried Rice (huge portion with lots of crab meat). We enjoyed everything we ordered, but the Lobster Tacos were our favorite and we would go back definitely for them. The fried items were very lightly fried so they were perfect. We took home a lot of leftovers.

Service: We were tended to by Rob. He took the time to explain how they get their seafood and he told us that everything on the menu was wonderful and we wouldn't be disappointed with anything we ordered, and he was right. He checked on us often, but was never intrusive.

Special Touches: I loved the hot hand towels we received after eating the Lobster Tacos and after our entire meal was finished. We were celebrating our Anniversary and they gave us a card when we arrived and provided us with a free Bananas Foster Butter Cake Flambe which was wonderful and they even wrote Happy Anniversary around the edge of the plate. We received a phone call the next day asking about our experience, which was a very nice touch.

Overall, this was a wonderful experience. Our total was $135, but we honestly could have shared one appetizer, side and main dish, still been stuffed with leftovers and saved some money. We definitely recommend this restaurant especially for a special occasion.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Eddie V’s Prime Seafood
Mr. David Dworsky, Managing Partner
Mr. Miguel Farias, General Manager
700 West 47st Suite 115
Kansas City, MO 64112

Dear David and Miguel and the entire Eddie’s Team,

The kind folks at Eddie V’s quickly got our attention! Getaway, retreat and relax at one of KC newest and finest restaurants. The food is fabulous, service is superb and everywhere you turn, you are surrounded by elegant and exquisite ambiance. In short, our entire Saturday evening at Eddie V’s Seafood Extraordinaire was indeed extraordinary! I must say, with all the new fine dining restaurants blanketing our city, it is wonderful to add such a classy delight to the Plaza.

We arrived at 4:00 and seated ourselves around the beautiful walnut bar. Cody Vaughn was a most gracious bartender. My wife and I quickly observed that every person has had extensive training in remembering names. Every wait person in the bar introduced themselves to us. Cody made sure, there was no wimpy pours at Eddie V’s.

At 5:00 we one of the first to be seated in the magnificent dining room. Kellee Meyers was our wonderful, witty waiter. Since my wife’s heritage was Irish, we had quite a time sharing about our trips to the Emerald Isle. Quickly returning with our drinks and a bottle of Catena Malbec, Kellee told us the story and the history of Eddie V’s. Super smiling Summer, Kellee’s assistant, made sure everything was perfect at our table. We were blown away by your vast selection of wines. To add to the dining rooms overall ambiance, I am sure the huge wine room was observed and talked about at every table.

We were pleased to get a welcoming tableside visit by both David and Miguel. I commented on the outstanding service every associate exhibited, and remarked, “You have done a fantastic job drilling the importance to every server, for the people at your table, remember NAMES, NAMES, NAMES!”

We begin our feast with your tasty, Maryland style lump crab cakes, drenched in a tangy Remoulade. For a personal touch of class, along the side of the appetizer plate was a “big W,” my initials in the sauce. Each bite was 100% delicate crab and again, the “big W” made a remarkable presentation!

After the appetizer, I had a bowl of your piping hot creamy lobster bisque. This was a first for me! I love Tabasco and when Kellee brought the Tabasco, it was resting in a special stainless steel bottle holder. Cheri was very pleased with your fresh crisp Iceberg salad topped with two crispy bacon strips.

My entrée’ was a gorgeous swordfish steak. Cheri thoroughly enjoyed the fresh wild Norwegian salmon. Another first, a large bowl of butter poached lobster mashed potatoes. For dessert, Kellee suggested crème brulee and fresh berries for me and Cheri had a bowl of the strawberry sorbet. I topped off the evening with a hot spinner of Remy XO and Cheri had Bailey’s on the rocks.

Please be assured, we will do our part to tell others about your wonderful restaurant and all the expertly trained staff who graciously serve at Eddie V’s.
Very pleased and soon returning customers,

Woody and Cheri Woodward

Reviewed 24 April 2017

We started with the chopped salad with shrimp, grab meat and blue cheese. Yumm! My wife ordered the gulf shrimp and and I had the swordfish. Fresh and so well prepared. Our side was the mashed potatoes with poached lobster....so good! Great wine list to add to your meal and a jazz trio filled the restarumant along with the happy patrons conversing. A must go to in KC.

1  Thank Steve G