Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown
US$155
US$146
Curio.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$112
US$170
  • Restaurant
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$209
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
US$186
  • Pool
All reviewspower and light districtfront desksprint centerthe executive loungemusic halldance competitionking suitevalet parkingtwo blocksgreat customer serviceupon checkbusiness tripan older hotelshuttle serviceroxannegarageconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While the entire hotel was definitely excellent, our most memorable experiences were with Kaleigh at the front desk. This friendly young lady went out of her way to assist us with check in and check out in all ways possible. Highly recommend others to stay her.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Abbey B, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for this review of our hotel! We are so appreciative of Kaleigh, and her great customer service skills. I will be sure her, and her supervisors, hear your compliments of her. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Brett was a great help to our group and made the details of our stay run more smoothly. The hotel is beautiful and our housekeeper Alejandra had our room nice and clean. Thank you both!

Note - no indoor pool was a bummer and parking costs. The hotel's hospitality was great though! :)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for leaving us this review! I will be sure to pass along your compliments of Brett and Alejandra to their supervisors. You'll have to come back and visit us once we open our outdoor pool. While it is unfortunate we don't have an indoor pool, the views of downtown Kansas City from our pool make it worth the wait! Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my second time staying here, and it wasn’t by choice. I stayed in room 1408. The room was huge in size, and the view wasn’t bad. The bed was very comfortable, and the water stayed hot for the whole shower. However, the rooms are very outdated. Carpet is dingy, cracked/broken tiles in the bathroom. The caulking looked like it was used to cover more than it’s intended to. I’m 6’ and had to duck to get my head under the shower, as it was about at my shoulder. The bar area is nice, and the bartender was good. There has been a fight out front in the valet area the night before from guests who were drinking a large bottle of liquor and there was blood splattered all over, along with bloody napkins everywhere. We had to walk past this to get to Starbucks since they had the inside entrance closed. My coworker went to the front desk to make them aware of it, and they already knew, and had done nothing about it. I feel that’s something that should have been taken care of immediately.

Stayed: March 2018

Thank you for leaving us this feedback. I'm sorry we were not able to meet your expectations. Regarding the condition of our guest rooms, later this year we will be starting a renovation of the entire hotel, and guest rooms will be one of the first projects to be completed. As soon as we were made aware of the mess in our front drive our engineering department handled it, as we have certain team members that have been trained on how to properly clean and dispose of bio-hazardous materials. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy our bar, and bartender! I will pass along all of your comments and concerns onto the appropriate management, so that we can work on improving these aspects of our hotel! Thank you for staying with us, and I hope we get the opportunity to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I want to give a shout out to your maintenance man Sean (Shawn). One morning I was on the LL and looking for a Diet Coke desperately. The gift shop wasn't open yet and I ran into Sean who asked if he could help. I explained and he told be about the vending machines on the upper floors. He walked up the steps with me to make sure I knew where I was going. I explained I couldn't use the machine because I only had a $5, so he opened his wallet and gave me 5 $1s. Very friendly, very helpful. He said he had only worked at the hotel for a short time. He is a keeper. Please thank him for me.

~Christine Keil

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Abbey B, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for this great review, Christine! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will definitely pass along your compliments of Shawn to him and his manager. We love having him on our team. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our trip to Kansas City was wonderful, and it centered around our stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Our concierge, Kayleigh was kind, welcoming, and more than helpful! She made sure we were well taken care of. This will definitely be our new KC hotel of choice!

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Emily B

Thank you for this great review of our hotel. I will be sure to pass your compliments of Kaleigh to her supervisor. Thank you for choosing to stay at Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown, and we can't wait to see you next time!