All reviews the breakfast area sam's club fresh cookies short drive would stay here again stayed one night good size front desk staff room was clean enjoyed my stay first floor indoor pool walking distance convenient location next morning breakfast buffet walmart
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Holiday Inn Express Liberty is easy to locate and convenient to Liberty activities. This is an older motel, and it's age is beginning to show. My king bedroom was of good size, with a desk, desk chair plus a club chair, a microwave and mini fridge plus end tables. The bed had a very comfortable mattress, but the bedskirt was a misfit and left an unattractive first impression. The bedroom was well lighted. The heat/ac had a continuous fan setting, always a plus, but when the air kicked on the unit clunked loudly. The bathroom was small, with only one, very dim light over the sink. Truly, very poor lighting for a bathroom. The bathroom floor tile appeared clean, but was tacky, that is to say, sticky - no bare feet here.
The staff was very friendly, welcoming, and professional. The exterior and parking area was well kept. The breakfast area is small, but well stocked with a variety of both hot and cold breakfast items, including fresh fruit. An indoor pool and one elevator. I was on the second floor and it was very noisy. . . noises carried from adjacent rooms and upper rooms.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in room 216 (the last resort) next to the elevator,
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
GuestAdvisory, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear GinNBerry,

Thank you for staying with us and your nice comments! I am happy to hear you had a good stay. I am pleased
that the staff took good care of you.

Hope to see you again,

~Your team at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Liberty Missouri

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Close to attractions such as World of Fun, Casino, and Stadiums. A short drive to all, and you get a better deal than those that are closer.

Room was very nice, with a good size bathroom. was clean and quiet. We got there late and left early and it was perfect for a stop over.

Breakfast was standard, but the staff was very friendly. The front desk staff was also very friendly and quick to ask if we had any questions. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Tony G,

Thank you for staying with us and your nice comments! I am happy to hear you had a good stay!

Hope to see you again,

~Your team at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Liberty Missouri

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed Saturday night for one night. When I checked in the air didn’t work and went to the front desk. The staff came to my room and was unable to turn it on and said she would call maintenance. I asked to be moved and she did accommodate me. The beds are the best. It was also quiet at night. Which I LOVE! The breakfast was nice. The breakfast area was a little congested but not intolerable. My in room coffee maker didn’t work but there was plenty available in the lobby. The hotel is a little dated and smelled like old cigarette smoke in the halls. I think it was the carpet. However, my room did not smell funny. It was quite comfortable. As far as cleanliness goes; my room was pretty clean. The halls and elevator (which was TINY) could have used some attention. Again, not bad enough to be a deal breaker. I would stay stay there again if need be but would likely spend another $20 and try another place first.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2018

My sister and I were travelling home north and needed to stop off for an evening. Liberty was the perfect place. We did not have a reservation or anything when going into the hotel, so we took a chance and decided to see if they had rooms.

When we entered the hotel, you can see the pool right there along with doors to the left, which took you to the breakfast room.

Thus front desk receptionist was quite nice and was able to confirm that they had a room for the evening that was available.

We were in room 320. Once we go to our room as I always do, I spot check EVERYTHING to bathroom to linens etc. Everything check out fine and was was clean.
I was very happy to have had a chance to stay at this place as the price was right and the service which we received was great.

Breakfast time in the morning was good. I thought it was pretty cool that they had an automatic pancake maker. That must be something new and not all hotels have this gadget.

The checkout was nice and easy. We were lucky to hit the road before the bad weather started in.

I loved the location as it was close to restaurants and to the highway.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Ruben L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay. We hope you will consider again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

We were in town to play in a volleyball tournament in downtown KC, so we didn't really get to choose where we stayed - our club chose for us. The location of the room my family was assigned was not ideal - we were in between the pool, the lobby bathrooms, the vending and ice machines, and the housekeeping office. It was quite noisy...

Housekeeping didn't come in after the first night with clean towels or anything, despite the fact that we had removed the "do not disturb" door hanger. By the time we got back from our games that night, it was so late and we were so tired, I didn't feel like going to the front desk to ask for more towels so I let it go.

After the second night, housekeeping did come in and give us clean towels, but they never replenished our toilet paper - which I realized in the middle of the night the next night when I woke up to use the bathroom and noticed the kids had finished off our only roll. So I guess it worked out well that there was a bathroom in the hallway right outside our room, because I was forced to use it that night....

The pool was typical; the workout facility was small, but I suppose probably also typical for this type of hotel. Breakfast was standard, but they did seem to do a good job of keeping the items replenished throughout the morning.

They do have coin operated washer and dryer for use, but it was located within the pool area - which closes at 10 p.m. It would have been nice to be able to throw our volleyball gear into the laundry after a long day of playing, since they had to be worn again the next day, but we got back to the hotel so late I was afraid I'd get them in the washer and then be locked out and not be able to get them back out.

The fridge was decent sized, which was nice because I was able to fit nearly an entire 24-pack of bottled water in it, plus a few gatorades. The room was clean and the beds were fairly comfortable, but it was hard to sleep because of the location of our room and all the noise in the hallway outside our door.

The location of the hotel isn't bad. If you're looking to visit KC and you don't want to stay in the busy downtown area, this is a nice location with very easy access to the interstate, which will take you where you want to go. It feels like a typical midwest suburb, with a Super Target and a Walmart, a bunch of chain restaurants, Starbucks, etc. It probably took me all of 15-20 minutes to get downtown, even when the traffic was busy.

I would potentially stay here again if I could choose a different room location and if the housekeeping issues were taken care of.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your business. I have related your feedback to Housekeeping so they can be more proactive. We hope you will consider us again so we can provide you with the service level that you deserve.