“"Meet you at the Corner "”
Review of Corner Cafe

Corner Cafe
Ranked #58 of 1,447 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: There has always been a small restaurant at the “Corner” in Riverside, Missouri. Enter Ed & Kathi Rule. They had never been in the restaurant business before, but they always felt they knew what good food was all about. It began on May 15, 1983, when they opened a little 40-seat cafe that served breakfast and lunch. The CORNER CAFE was born. Expansions and new buildings have been built, but we continue the traditions that started back in 1983. We strive to provide the best products, the best service, and the best value in an atmosphere that makes you feel like you’re part of the family.
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Cafe that is a great place eat , good old fashion menu. When you walk in the aroma of cinnamon rolls grabs you. The menu is quite large and serve breakfast all day. Very friendly staff and with old fashioned decor. ( Did I mention pie ? Oh ! Yes and my favorite liver and onions) Worth a try, we have tried all three cafe's .

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Our server was there in about 5 minutes. They were very busy at the time and once she showed up kept in touch on a regular bases. Took a little while to order food but the wait was reasonable for the amount of activity going on. Food was very good with no complaints on quality, taste or presentation. Atmosphere in the restaurant is great! Kids enjoyed the place. Our server was very pleasant as well as professional.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Nice clean place with friendly staff. Rustic setting reminds me of Cracker Barrel. I had meat loaf dinner. Ample portions of meatloaf with brown gravy, which I refer to ketchup. Mashed potatoes were not "real." I was told they were made from potato "pearls." I opted for stuffing instead. My wife had breaded tenderloin which was very good, large portion along with homemade onion rings. Good flavor but a bit heavy on the batter. Good place for families. Awesome dessert selection also.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

We like to have breakfast for lunch and enjoy setting at the bar. The regular server always provide excellent service and conversation. We also like the hubbub of activity that goes on.

Yesterday the regular server was assigned to the back dining area and Juanita was assigned to the bar. First off another lady asked for our drink order. She go involved in discussions and forgot what we want. She came back and we reordered water with lemon. We got water and no lemon. Our server took our orders of #1 & #2. It took longer than usual and we were concerned they were just sitting waiting to be picked up?

After our food came little attention was given to us. We had a doctors appointment that required us to leave. After getting our servers attention (twice) we finally got our bill and some mumbo jumbo on how she is getting pulled all different directions.

This place is normally tops and today was likely a fluke. But we do hope the regular bar server is back next time.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We've been here many times, and most of the time it's very good. Lately though, it has seemed like it's gone a bit downhill. The last time we visited, my husband had the Mexican daily special and I had the Minnie Moo with onion rings. My burger was bland and had a weird texture and his burrito was soggy and wasn't very good, either. Let's talk about the service, though... or lack thereof. Our waitress barely visited our table while we were there. She took our order, brought our drinks, then was gone. She took orders at the tables around us, and we were largely ignored. We wanted to order pie to take home and ended up just going up front to buy it because our waitress never came back. Corner cafe used to have that great small town diner feeling in the city, but lately it's just not the same.