“Hot summer night & hit happy HOUR”

54th Street Grill and Bar
Ranked #135 of 1,436 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Went to 54 Street Grill and bar for a family dinner before we head to San Diego. Heather was our server - cute girl and she took very good care of my family. Portions are big. Food outstanding ! My son had a pulled pork sandwich it was big it was juicy and very tasty. I enjoyed a 32 ounce happy hour beer and to happy hour sliders and to happy hour tacos. Great value. Very happy

Reviewed 5 July 2016

We were just goofing off in KC over the long holiday weekend and decided to give this place a try because it was reasonably close to our hotel.

We arrived during happy hour and our waitress explained the deals, which fit us well. The Gringo dip is very tasty, and the big margaritas made for a very good pre-dinner combination.

The fish, shrimp, and chips dinner was a bit disappointing because the fish (talapia) was overcooked and had more of a 'fishy' taste than I am used to for that fish. The shrimp was good, however, and my wife gave me some of the shrimp from her Lt Dan's shrimp dinner, so it all ended up well.

So while we weren't overwhelmed by the meals, the atmosphere, the friendly waitress, and happy hour specials made this an enjoyable visit!

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

First impression, nice appearance, pretty full house, especially on a Monday night.

Greeted by friendly and pleasant hostess and quickly seated. Waited 10 minutes before server arrived. Friendly but a bit rehearsed in conversation.

It was very dark in there for my old eyes and I forgot my readers. Asked server about menu items and chose fish and shrimp platter. I specifically told her I didn't generally like fish except for fish and chips IF they were extra crispy with most of the fish taste cooked out of it. She assured me it was and much like British-style.

Food arrived fairly quickly. Fish was NOT cooked to death but light and flakey...my wife would have loved it. I didn't. Shrimp was perfectly cooked.

Overall a nice, clean place, friendly atmosphere and fun crowd; probably many regulars. Service was a bit slow and I really didn't like my food that much BUT would try again if I stay in Liberty on my next trip to KC.

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

I am in Kansas City on a business trip staying at a very close hotel to 54th Street Grill. The hotel front desk recommended this restaurant as a good place to eat fairly close to the hotel. I have to tell you that I am so surprised that this food was so good I'm going back there for a second night. There are all kinds of restaurants all over the place here all within walking distance and I'm going to go back here because the food was so amazing. Not only was the food amazing but the wait staff was spectacular they made great recommendations and they didn't mind that I sat there with my laptop in hand doing work while their restaurant was completely full. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 7 June 2016

Was excellent! Was recommended to us by motel we stayed at and we were not disappointed. Hope to travel that way again and be able to enjoy the great food.