“Great Place to People Watch”
Review of Kona Grill

Kona Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 1,513 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Sushi
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broadway & Pennsylvania
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I have always enjoyed Kona. The atmosphere is always fun and it is located in the heart of the Plaza. The food is great lots of different choices but for the most part the food has a seafood/sushi feel. I would absouletly recommend the Sea Bass. It is amazing and melts in your mouth. You also can't go wrong with sushi for an appetizer. This would be a great place to go for a happy hour with friends or a romantic dinner.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Lunch at the Kona Grill was an excellent choice - the three of us chose very different items. One person had the chicken pad thai - it was very good and enough for two! She took half with her, then added additional noodles to it and was able to feed two for dinner the next evening. My husband chose the pulled pork sliders with sweet potato fries - he said his meal was was excellent. My Kona chopped salad featured macadamia nut chicken, with lots of bacon, avocado along with white cheddar, tomatoes and a Dijon honey dressing. It was delicious and I'd order it again. Service was very good and we would choose Kona Grill again when we return to Kansas City.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came here for Valentine’s Day!! What a great environment, wonderful staff and great happy hr. We did the reverse Happy hr 9pm-11pm. Jessica was our waitress and she killed it!! She was on top of everything. I’m a waiter in key west so I appreciate good service! Definitely ask for her. Also get the Las Vegas roll and the crab crunch roll

Brandon K, General Manager at Kona Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Thank you and I agree Jessica is awesome.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

We had a Happy Hour there at the big table. So it suits well for big companies. Very pleasant staff, delicious food, nice american portions on the plates, and perfect dessert! :)

Brandon K, General Manager at Kona Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Thank you for choosing Kona Grill.

Brandon King

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I've been here several times and it is an enjoyable experience each time. It is a little pricey, but what sushi place isn't?

Brandon K, General Manager at Kona Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Come give our Sushi and Sake Thursday a try. 5 Sake tastings and any roll.

Been to Kona Grill? Share your experiences!