“Good food, good service”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #258 of 1,435 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We eat here whenever my husband is craving steak or salmon. He says it's the best salmon he's ever had. I enjoy the parmesan crusted chicken or the chicken tenders. And the rice pilaf is great too. I like how they have a lighter portion of both of my favorite meals.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Haven't been here for lunch in a long time, so we decided to try it again. They offer some great lunch combos, most under $10.00. I had the shaved prime rib sandwich combo which came with a salad and chips. I upgraded to the strawberry & pecan salad for an additional $1.79. It was worth it. The sandwich was half a sandwich which was just right with the salad. The other item we had at our table was the salmon salad on mixed greens. It too was very good. We recommend both meals that we had. It was nearly empty in the restaurant and the music was loud. You probably could not get in and out in an hour if you were on your lunch hour at work. Service was very friendly.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

My husband said that he was in the mood for steak, so I knew that we were going to Longhorn for dinner. We ordered the ribeye and flo's filet--both came out cooked to perfection! Also had a cup of the tomato basil soup...delicious! Nikki was our waitress who did a great job-- even with being short on employees. We'll be back.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

My husband, daughter, and I stopped for a late lunch; we were seated quickly by a friendly staff member. Our waitress was prompt and attentive.

Since my daughter claimed to be STARVING (11 y.o.!) I ordered a 20 oz Porterhouse from the menu to share with her (cooked medium); my husband ordered the 12 oz ribeye (cooked med rare).

Our steaks arrived in less than 15 mins; they looked and smelled delicious! I should have taken a picture, but my daughter looked like she was going to start chewing on my arm if I didn't cut into the steak. ;-) The first thing I noticed was that my steak was cooked MEDIUM WELL, very little pink in the middle! No big deal, I can handle it. The second thing I noticed was the size. It was the same size as my husband's 12 oz Ribeye (except mine had a bone running through the middle). :-/ It was a bit thin, also. The "other" steak restaurants that serve a large PORTERHOUSE have a thicker cut and a steak that covers the entire plate, no questioning the size!

My husband hates when I complain,so I didn't mention any of this to the waitress. However, I did feel cheated especially since our 20 oz PORTERHOUSE was $26.49! Nevertheless, it was delicious (and, yes, my daughter did eat over HALF of the steak).

This was my first time at Longhorn, I usually eat at the "Other" steak restaurant, so I was disappointed with the size and the SINGLE side. Even though the steak was delicious, it is just as good at the other place and they have a better value (a 23 oz Porterhouse $26.99 with TWO sides).

1  Thank MysticGrayStar2015
Reviewed 6 February 2017

Had a gift card and decided to give Longhorn a try and was not disappointed! Our steaks were cooked as we like them and seasoned nicely! Loved the sweet potatoes as a side but stuck with just butter not brown sugar and cinnamon. Also had grilled shrimp with my steak and was surprised how many were on my plate and they were very good!! We enjoyed out meal and will be back! Loved the western decor!!