“Horrible burnt ends ”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Took a pal here. Full slab of ribs. Order or burnt ends and fries. Fries were soggy and not hot. Burnt ends were awful. No char marks or smoke flavored. More like a rump roast. Not cheap either. Ribs were Tuff. Will not return. All around bad experience. Sort of like the drive on 71/ thanks cleaver.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

L.C.'s BBQ is known for their BBQ and before today - a close 2nd Gates and Jack Stack. It is with sadness to report the horrible roast beef sandwich, soggy fries and deplorable service that I paid for today.

To my horror after making a drive to the area and spending over $30 on a couple sandwiches that were dry - very little sauce, and I do mean VERY little bbq sauce. We asked for sauce and was dismissed by the cashier and told to get it off the table! We wanted to purchase a little container. I could not believe she'd send us to a table when she assembled the meal and could easily slapped some extra sauce on it. When she said that, I thought we'd be ok. After all, it's barbeque and there's sauce on it. I was WRONG!!!!!!!!

My thought. . .employees are unhappy - suspect it's the pay. L.C.'s not paying them enough? It's really too bad. The cashier / employees inability to do there job will cost the business of patrons / customers.

My rating - Two thumbs down

1  Thank shepardleads
LC R, Owner at L.C.'s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

We are sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience. We take your feedback seriously and hope you'll give us another chance.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I had the pork burned ends. They were very fatty and I like my burned ends to be...burned. These seemed under done to me. The flavor was ok. I personally like things to be on the sweeter side and these baked beans had a definite twang. Service was fast.

LC R, Owner at L.C.'s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you for the feedback! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Ambience: a small (10 tables) mom and pop joint with the most primitive of furnishings inside a store front with bars on the window. Impressive smoker, manned by the slowest and surliest staff I have encountered in this century. Do not expect service with a smile here. Ribs were very good, although you must ask for them dry as they are served wet, in a thin KC style tomato based sauce that is slightly sweet on the front end, with a little kick on the back. The rub is minimal, and does not conceal the flavor of the meat, nor its beautiful smokiness. LC knows his ribs. Sides, at $3.95 a pop, are expensive, but the servings are good sized. Excellent fries, and spicy green beans. All in all, LC's holds its own in the highly competitive universe of KC bbq.

LC R, Owner at L.C.'s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Thanks! We appreciate the review and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Great BBQ and very friendly staff are the highlights of LCs...everything we have eaten from LCs is the best with great flavor...my recommendation is get the food to go...in the summer its way too hot for me to eat inside LCs...its a dive location all the way around...but has wonderful food to pick up and take out!

LC R, Owner at L.C.'s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you! We look forward to serving you again soon.