“Burnt Ends Worth Driving 8 hours for”
Review of L.C.'s BBQ

L.C.'s BBQ
Ranked #64 of 1,513 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 7 January 2018

I first came here on a BBQ tasting tour over a year ago. I tried their burnt ends, fries, and baked beans. When ever I drive across the country I always stop here. This trip I was looking forward to stopping here for weeks. The smile on my face knowing I was about to here was from ear to ear.
The smell when you walk in the door is intoxicating. I bought 4 bottles of sauce to take with me this time for my move to Denver.

One of the workers let me sample the homemade sausage...Geez so delicious! This time I ordered enough food for 3 because I wanted to sample the spicy green beans and the jalapeño poppers as well as the fries I love. So if you are debating and you aren't as glutinous as me I might choose the spicy green beans over the jalapeño poppers, but that was a hard call.

Everything is good there honestly!!

I am a fan for life!

LC R, Manager at L.C.'s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your experience and look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

I heard about this place because of PBS documentary on the history of burnt ends in Kansas City, and multiple barbeque experts claimed that LC's are some of the the best! The meat certainly did not disappoint, it was succulent and juicy. Similarly the fried okra and spicy green beans were wonderful sides. I can understand why some visitors may rank their customer service a little low (the staff seemed a bit short-handed and flustered with all the orders) however I felt like they were cordial and respectful. But, this blue collar establishment boasts premier meats. Easy 5 stars.

LC R, Manager at L.C.'s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

OK BBQ, mixed plate with french fries was very good. At 3 pm on a Saturday had to wait 30 minutes. They were having trouble taking credit card so had to pay with cash. The place is small and not very clean.

LC R, Owner at L.C.'s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback. It really helps us learn where we can improve.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

This is probably the best bbq I’ve had so far!! I’m far from done living in Kansas City and all. Kind of on the high side price wise but it was great!! Enjoy

LC R, Owner at L.C.'s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Thanks! We appreciate the review and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 November 2017

So glad we stopped, referred a few other people there during our trip, hope they liked it as much. Will be back. found this place due to our Navigation system taking us a different way than what we had planned, it must have been reading our minds ,BBQ was just what we wanted. Great way to start a trip to KC. We had the smoked turkey, great BBQ sauce and plenty of food.

LC R, Owner at L.C.'s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

We're so glad that you enjoyed your experience! Thank you for the review.