“Surprise ... Not quite In N' Out ... but it will do”

Freddy's Frozen Custard
Ranked #260 of 1,505 Restaurants in Kansas City
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We moved to Missouri from St. George, UT. In N' Out just can't be beaten. However, none around here! I've been to Five Guys, Steak N' Shake, and Culvers. Each has strong points, and each has it's negatives. My son and I wanted a quick, early supper tonight, so we stopped by Freddy's in Liberty, MO.

I had the original Steakburger meal deal. Wow! Just fine ... in fact, better than fine. The burger had a good sear and carmalization around the edges. Cooked medium well, so no problems there. The standard fixings were just fine. Although I'm not a fan of American cheese, it just fits with this burger. The bun had a nice toast to it.

My son tried the new Pepper Jack and Jalapeno burger. Said it tasted very good.

The fries are the thin straws. And, of course, the Utah staple of Fry Sauce was present at Freddy's.

We each had some frozen custard. I had a mini Butterscotch shake, and he had a regular concrete of chocolate custard, peanut butter cups, and one other topping. Both of them were just perfect.

This is a 5-star review. I'll definitely be going back when I need a burger and fries!!

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The steakburger tasted like it was put on the grill and forgotten. It was too done on one side and just not up to Freddy's standards. The cooks must be in need of better training.

Katrina K, Manager at Freddy's Frozen Custard, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

We appreciate your recent visit to Freddy's, and value your feedback! We sincerely apologize if the quality of food you received was not up to Freddy's standards, and have shared your comments with the local management team. Please send us your contact information securely via our website at FreddysUSA.com/connect so we can put you in touch with the local Franchise Group. They will absolutely want to hear more about your experience and make it right with you!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The food here was great. Tasted fresher than culvers and the fries were the best. The custard is fantastic!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Our basketball team and their families got here an hour before they closed and these people were great! They accommodated a group, had great food and custard and were friendly! Also, always a huge plus, the place was clean, including the restrooms! Wonderful fries and concretes! We will be back! Definitely blew their neighbor the Shakey Steak place away. Our group had several bad experiences there with bad service and they couldn't handle a group. So glad we went to Freddy's this time!

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

After living in NY's burger desert, it's always nice to stop by Freddy's. You know to expect great burgers and custard.