See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

How to begin...The good parts. The bed was nice. We received free drinks and a buy one get one free burger at the restaurant next door. The shuttle to the venue was great and the manager was very nice. Now. The girl that checked us in was a little too friendly. Not a bad thing, you say, but she was helping 5 guests at once and getting very confused. The bathroom in our room, the doors were barn doors. Kinda cool, I'll grant you, but they didn't lock or close completely. Housekeeping had left dirty towels under the vanity in the bathroom and we only had a fourth of a roll of toilet paper to use. I called housekeeping to see if they would bring me some more and were told that they would be right up. An hour later, I went to the front desk to ask for it and was told that they were way too busy to have brought it up. The person who told me this had not been doing anything every time I saw them. The bartender ran out of beer and kept complaining that the bartender from the night before just didn't do anything. Didn't stock anything. She kept running out of everything. One of the guest had to get the kegs out of storage and hook it up. We had stayed here before and it was great. This place has really gone downhill.

Stayed: September 2018
AngelaM8899, Operations Manager at 816 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for the feedback during your stay Laurie. We do apologize for all of the issues you seemed to have experienced during your stay. I have addressed these issues as no guest needs to have to deal with these issues. We pride ourselves on making the guest experience a memorable one and it looks like we made it memorable for the wrong reasons. Please feel free to call us directly if you'd like to further discuss your stay with us.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Always amazing! It is my 4th stay and headed back in 2 weeks! Great service from the entire staff! Nick Walter was outstanding as a bartender this visit. We had not met previously and he knew this. Introduced himself with the upmost professionalism. Listened to my story and remembered it the next evening when my son joined me!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Thanks for letting us know about your stay Flora! Looks like you had a great time! It's always great to hear when a guest comes back and has another great stay. I will pass on the feedback to Nick as I am sure he will love to hear when he makes a guest stay feel special. We hope you'll come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2018

My family had a great visit to Kansas City and can't wait to come back to stay at the 816. It is truly a local treasure. History of KC is all around you in the 816 Hotel.

I am a early bird and I went down to the breakfast area around 7:30 or 8. I had coffee and watched the news. It was Labor Day and there were lots of guests coming down for breakfast all morning. I watched Robin welcome everyone and take their order. She was cheerful and made conversation with everyone. It was 9:25 and she made an announcement that the last people in line were the last breakfast customers for the day. Breakfast is 6:30 to 9:30 daily. My family was eating and I excused myself to go up to my room and when I came back, the elevator opened and I heard kimbaker44 yelling "Your people have been doing this to my people" and I didn't understand the rest of the sentence she was yelling. I asked what happened and my daughter told me this lady just started yelling at the cook. She kept yelling all the way down the hall to the front desk. There was a man and woman that were trying to apologize to her, Eugene Larry Jr. and Caroline Hayes (he asked me to include him and his story in my review because he doesn't use computers very well), but kimbaker44 would not listen or stop yelling. Eugene said he just checked in and asked the front desk if he could still get breakfast. The front desk lady came and asked Robin to serve until 10:00. She said yes and made Eugene and Caroline breakfast. Then kimbaker44 lost her mind.
To kimbaker44, I say, why did you wait until 9:27 to get breakfast at a place that closes at 9:30? HOW RUDE!! You have been coming here for 2 years and must know that breakfast ends at 9:30. I sat in that area for more than 2 hours and you were the only rude person I saw.

Room Tip: They have many theme rooms to choose from, I needed one with bunk beds and they had the perfect room.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Angela M, Operations Manager at 816 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thanks so much for providing feedback and clarity in regards to events that happened during your stay Maggie. Robin is truly a gem and works hard to ensure any and all guest are taken care of day in and day out! Again, thank you for clearing up the matter. We are also very happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your time here. We hope that you will come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Out of my 4+ stays here at 816 Hotel i've had the experience of being helped by some very PLEASANT, POLITE and PROFESSIONAL yung ladies. My hats go off to Charlie, Angela, Faith and Ashley for presenting themselves in a professional manner and the GREAT conversations that'll make someone wanna come back and spend their time and money here. Hospitality was GREAT.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for letting us know about your great experience with us! We had a great time with you and we are super excited for you to come see us again! I will pass on this feedback to the ladies, they love hearing when a guest has another great experience with us. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I had a wounderful time at the 816 Hotel. I stayed in the mob room, it was clean and orderly. The bardenter, Faith I believe, was kind and friendly. Plus on Saturday, I went up to the Irish fest and the shuttle driver Ash was informative about the city, many kudos!
I will definitely be coming back!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Thanks for letting us know about your stay with us Eric. It's awesome to hear Faith and Ash took such great care of you while you were at the 816 Hotel. We hope you come back to see us again soon!