“Amazing views and food”

Baxter's Lakeside Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Baxter's Lakeside Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 72 Restaurants in Lake Ozark
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: An authentic American restaurant with a great bar … That’s the idea behind Baxter’s. We’re perfect for just about any dining occasion or gathering that calls for great food, warm, personal service and an inviting, casual atmosphere. Our classic American restaurant builds on the rich history and tradition the Lake Area is known for. We use only the finest, freshest ingredients, coupled with personal service and warm, inviting surroundings. We’re happy to bring this dining experience to the Lake of the Ozarks. Baxter’s is the perfect place for a business or casual lunch, a special evening out, a family get together after a long day on the Lake, or “just because.” We can accommodate most any group — from an intimate dinner for two to a business or family party — in our private dining room. And don’t forget our classic American bar, one of the Lake’s great places to meet friends and family.
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Baxter's is one of my wife and my favorite restaurant in the Lake Ozark area. The food, drinks, views and service is excellent. Can be crowded on weekends but still worth it.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

We had a big family lunch at this restaurant. The food was delicious. I ordered the Tim's Salad. It was big and flavorful. The very large patio had lovely views of the lake. I wish the service would have been better, then I could have given it five stars. We had to ask a few times for silverware, napkins, refills for drinks, etc. Our waiter was great until after we ordered; then we couldn't find anyone to help us.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

And while the food was good, it wasn’t great. I went because I wanted Chilean bass and it was the only restaurant serving it. The fish was great but it was sauté in a bit to much oil. As in drowning. Sigh. I’d give it a try again but I’d request it baked differently. The rest of the meal was okay. Our server was great.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

This was the best lunch we've had in a long time. The service was great, we were 16 but they coped just fine and it was seriously great food. Of course the atmosphere and scenery are second to none being on the lake, but a great place to celebrate.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

We have ate at Baxter’s twice before over the years when visiting the lake. However, I would be hesitant to return. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and the waiter totally ruined our experience. He was very unfriendly with minimal interaction. We wanted to ask for more bread but both of us were too afraid to ask because of his demeanor. We felt like a bother to him and he interacted more with the bigger tables around us. We would have ordered dessert and drinks after dinner but just wanted to leave as soon as we could. We ended up at our hotel bar at Camden for dessert and drinks but would have preferred it at Baxter’s.