See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 October 2015

The people who work there are great, the pizza is great, the view of the water/hills are great, good wine but if your staying there the room size is for a one nighter. The rooms don't have any place to hang clothes and the rooms are very small. They do have one great feature with a wall rack of different bottles of wines for your purchase and easily enjoyed on your patio. The tv in room 8 sits so low you can barely see the tops of the heads of people on screen so I moved the microwave so I could put the tv on top of it. In short, go for the view, enjoy some wine, enjoy the people serving you but go to another place for sleeping.

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

The waitresses are overworked and rude. The kitchen closes at 6 yet they have a crab boil with the only alternative offered is a meat and cheese tray. The patio is packed and the bar is closed out on the patio. There are spiderwebs everywhere. Cleanliness is not a priority here.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2015

This is a quaint little inn/winery with a fantastic view, and it’s absolutely right-priced (as opposed to others in the area, which cost a little more but are terribly over-priced for what you get). We have a boat nearby which we stay on throughout the summer, and we're familiar with nearby hotels both from winter visits and housing visitors. Shawnee Bluff is an old property with old infrastructure but the rooms are newly decorated and the three that I saw (we came with a small group) were really cute. We visited on an unseasonably warm Saturday in February, and there was live country music in the afternoon that day. It was really nice to sit on the patio and enjoy the views while listening to music. We tried their wood-fired flatbread which was good, the two varieties of wine I tried were OK. Our room smelled a little musty, but we visited during a slow time for the area and once we opened the door and aired it out it was better. I wouldn't give it 4/5 in a larger city but feel the overall experience in this area deserves a 4. We've visited this area enough to compare it with others nearby – and I would recommend Shawnee Bluff.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2014 via mobile

Need to have table service and a lack of police outside. Everyone waits obline for wine, food, rooms. Haven't seen the rooms so I cannot rate them. Wine is mediocre. Probably won't return anytine soon.

• Stayed: October 2014
3  Thank ngmgjg
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I stayed for two nights and it is very quaint and has a good wine tasting room. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are very basic and dated. The bed was not comfortable, the bath was small with few amenities. There was no room service during our two night stay and I had to go to the desk to get new towels and wash clothes myself. We visited the area with a large group of friends. I'd search for another place to stay while visiting the area.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends