Country Club Hotel & Spa
The Lodge at Port Arrowhead(Lake Ozark)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$119
US$179
  • Pool
Quality Inn(Lake Ozark)
US$81
QualityInn
Camden on the Lake Resort(Lake Ozark)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$189
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This was our second year to hold our dance event at the Country Club. Many of our participants loved the hotel so much that they booked their rooms for next year before they left the property. With only 83 rooms, half or better are already taken. The dance floor was in excellent shape this year and it made our event the buzz word of the place to be next year. I can't compliment the staff enough. From our event Manager, Dana and banquet manager, Connie all the way to Gracie, our Bartender, Mary, and front desk, Bobby. Each and every one did everything possible to make our event successful. I know I'm not mentioning every name, Earl from maintenance, and Carol from housekeeping did everything they could to help us. We had some awards to hand out and at the last minute I wanted to add two "honorable mentions". I dug through my box of goodies, and I only had two, which was all I needed, but one was wrinkled. I asked Gracie if someone could press it for me (I was trying to be in 3 places at one time) and she graciously took it to the front desk. Bobby volunteered to take care of it, but forgot to use a press cloth as I'd suggested to Gracie. The result was a ruined ribbon. Bobby took the time to make some phone calls to locate similar ribbons and sent Earl to pick them up. She replaced the ribbons and saved the presentation. This is just one of the many ways the staff helped. I told everyone about this "above and beyond" and everyone said, "You won't find that at many hotels" Boy were they right. This staff will go the extra mile with a smile and act like it was nothing. We sure presented some logistical problems that Earl and maintenance helped solve. We could not have done it without their help. My only complaint was the restaurant. Having several irons in the fire, we didn't have a lot of time to eat. Thursday night, my husband and I sat down and waited for 10 minutes to be served and no one came to serve us or give us a menu or even acknowledge we were there, even though they saw us sitting there. Knowing it would take a while once our order was in, we realized we didn't have time to wait. We got up and left the restaurant and I went to our room to take care of other things, and my husband ran out for carry out food. Other times, when the restaurant offered buffet meals for our guests, the service was great. Lucretia handled the tables like a pro and one morning the manager even came out and offered refills on the coffee. Our people love the rooms, and no one had any complaint about their accommodations. Yes, it is a little worn around the edges, but everything they have done to renovate has been done well, and I expect the same on updates that are scheduled. We are very happy to hold our event here and plan to be here for many more years. (If only they had more rooms, I know we could fill them.) The ballroom is large enough to grow our event, but the number of rooms limit us.
Rosina, event planner

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Rosina M
Reviewed 16 October 2011

First appearances are deceiving. You pull up to a guard shack with a sign that says guard is on patrol, clearly just a farce. Once you enter the hotel it is very clear that it needs major renovations. Decor is not only dated but worn out. It us clear that the staff works hard to keep things clean but they can not clean stains, wear, and tear. The rooms are nothing beyond a basic needs a bed, a toilet that doesn't flush unless you hold down the handle, and a luke warm shower and that is being generous. Dinner took over 2 and a half hours. The bartender was our waiter he did his very best but you can only do so many things at a time. The hotel was filled to capacity and apparently management did not have any forethought. No room service available which you would expect by the name and outward appearance. Save your money and stay at a newer moderately priced hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011
CountryClubManager, General Manager at Country Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Country Club Hotel. I am sorry your visit did not measure up to your expectations. Our hotel property is located inside a condominium community. There are certain services that are responsibility of the condominium owners association that because of our proximity can easily be misunderstood and those services expected to be provided by the hotel. In your case, the security is one of those.

We recognize there are a number of improvements that need to be made at the Country Club Hotel, and while some projects have already been addressed, there are more that need to be completed. Several improvement projects are scheduled for this off season.

Our failure to meet service expectations is of major concern to me. While property improvements require planning and many resources, service should never have to be compromised. I appreciate you sharing your experience with me as all reviews, comments and guest concerns are discussed with the management staff of the hotel to continue to improve. We make every effort to plan for periods of higher occupancy and always attempt to staff accordingly. I sincerely apologize that in your case we apparently let you down.

Thank you again for taking your valuable time to comment.

Reviewed 3 October 2011

My husband and i recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend getaway and to go shopping at the outlet mall. The entire hotel staff was very friendly and courteous. We stayed in a Jr Suite. The room was very large, which we loved, but is in need of serious renovation. There are marks on the walls and the bedding, curtains and furniture look like they have been there since the 1980's. We did, however, like that our room was spacious and had a refrigerator, table and two sinks. We found a strange bug that looked like a centipede in our room, which the staff promptly responded to and removed. We stayed on the second floor and could hear people staying above us walking around. The indoor pool had recently been updated and painted and looked great! However, there needs to be a lot of changes to the interior and exterior of the hotel. Everything is run down and old. I think that if the hotel updated everything it would be a fabulous place to stay. Another thing we did not like was the lack of parking. On Saturday night every spot was full, so we had to park down a gravel road, in the grass, where there was no lighting. I felt very uncomfortable walking back to the hotel in the dark. We also tried to eat at the restaurant, but when we went on Friday night around 8p.m. (and the restaurant closes at 10p.m.) there were no staff in the dining area. Because of this, we left our hotel to eat and never ate at the restaurant. If the hotel stays in this condition, we will not return. If the hotel updated the interior and exterior, we would consider coming back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren S

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Country Club Hotel. All guest comments are reviewed by our executive staff and discussed with recommendations on how to continue to improve. I’m sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. We have completed a number of improvement projects to day with more planned for this off season. We always make every effort to cause the least amount of inconvenience to the fewest number of people. Therefore, we attempt to undertake our projects in the winter when occupancy is the lowest.
As for parking, I understand your concerns. During the period of your visit we had an exceptionally large event underway and had to use that area for parking. I know it is not the best situation but there are times as our business grows that we have no other choice.
I am very concerned with your experience in our restaurant, Rafferty’s. We have made it our goal to become the leader in customer service in the lake area. Through comments like yours, it helps us address those area where we need to work harder to obtain that goal.

Reviewed 27 September 2011

I had to stay at the country club hotel for a conference this past weekend. I have stayed at this hotel before with the same group but this time I actually enjoyed my stay.

When I walked in the door I was automatically greeted with a smile by a young lady by the name of Candy. She was very helpful and pleasant. At this time I thought maybe I might have a better experience than last time.

During my stay I visited the restaurant a few times and received excellent service from Jana,Chris, and Brian. The food was excellent, I especially liked the jalepino poppers.

I had stayed in a jr.suite while I was at the hotel. The room was very spacious and clean.
I had a problem with my room while I was there. When my housekeeper came in (I believe her name was Kim) she was such a sweet lady and tried to help me fix the problem. She had to call a gentlman from maintenance. Earl came to the room and fixed the problem right away.

Now I do have one small complaint about my stay. When I went to the front desk to checkout ihad to wait over fifteen minutes to checkout. There was a line that extended to the restaurant. A lady by the name of Bobbie was at the front desk checking us out. She kept apologizing to everyone about the wait as she was the only one there that day. She was very kind to everyone and continued to smile during the whole time. I just think there should've been more people at the front desk when they knew they were having alarge group like us checkout. Other than the checkout experience I had a great time and would recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Anasgrammy

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Country Club Hotel. It is always nice to hear from a guest that has enjoyed their stay. We always value the opinion of our Group attendees as well as our individual guests. We always strive to provide the same level of service to all guests.
I was especially interested in your experience in our restaurant, Rafferty’s. Early this year we made extensive changes in the menu, staff and overall operation of the restaurant including giving it an identity. We have implemented a structured training program and have placed the highest priority on service. It is nice to hear our plan is working.
I would like to apologize for your delay in check out. While we always want to plan to be staffed properly to accommodate a simple and speedy check in and checkout, there are occasions when the available staff and the traffic flow don’t quite match up even with the best of planning.
Thank you again for your comments and we will look forward to seeing you and your group in the future.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

This was second visit to the hotel - September 2010 and again September 2011. Last year, some of the staff in the restaurant were not the best...almost seemed to resent having to serve us. This year the staff could not have been better. The room was lovely and very clean. The indoor pool was immaculate with it's new paint job!

Food was good and reasonably priced. I was registration person for our event and found the banquet staff very kind, efficient and accomodating. Lois is a gem!

I was particularly happy with Jarrod in the restaurant/bar, and Bobbi and Candy on the front desk. A great staff can make the difference between a good stay and a great one. This hotel has just such a great staff. Thanks so much!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank kalena41
CountryClubManager, General Manager at Country Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Country Club Hotel. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and noticed changes that have been made. Since the Country Club Hotel came under new management a year ago, it has been our goal to become the leader in Customer service at the Lake of the Ozarks. Through comments like yours we feel a great sense of pride that we are moving closer to reaching that goal.

We look forward to a long lasting relationship with you and hope to see you in September of 2012 (or even sooner).