“Killer Sausage and Pulled Pork”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #63 of 97 Restaurants in Liberty
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Went there for lunch this week and tried the cheddar jalapeño sausage and pulled pork. Awesome! The pork was full of smoky flavor not to mention juicy. They serve it dry with your choice of sauce on the side. To tell the truth the barbecue sauce would have masked the flavor. The sausage has excellent flavor and I will go back for more. Also had the friend okra and coleslaw. The only complaint I have is they didn't give me enough bread, you get a small roll. Personally I prefer sliced bread with barbecue, but that's me! The Restuarant was clean and the service was excellent. You have to stop in and try it. Next time I'm going for the ribs!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

So far we have stopped here twice since it opened. The first time was better than the second. The pulled pork is good when it doesn't have a ton of fat in it (the second trip the pork was more fat than meat, yuck). I agree with the other reviewer that the price doesn't really seem like a good value for what you get in comparison to other sit-down BBQ restaurants. They do have a nice selection of sides, though I was underwhelmed by the flavorless green beans. The BBQ honey ham was just ok (tasted like any other un-bbq'd ham to me). The dining room is also SMALL. There haven't been open tables either time we've been, so we took our food to go.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I agree it was nice to get a place in town for BBQ. It is a little pricier than other BBQ places I've been to, and the portions were on the small side. The okra and fries were our two favorite sides. I had chosen the Cesar salad and it was served in a large bowl. Unfortunately, it had so much dressing the lettuce looked white. However, my kids loved the hogie choice in the kids' meal and the free ice cream. Kids are free on Sundays, so we will probably return then.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I visited this restaurant this evening. I'm happy to see a new business open up in Liberty as so many businesses have closed this past year. The northland doesn't have very many barbecue restaurants that I'm aware of. It was so-so for a barbecue restaurant. I thought the portions that I received were small for the price I paid. I purchased a hoagie sandwich, fries, barbecue beans and a drink for $10.50. I can get a beef on bun, fries and a drink at Gates for about $9.00 and their portions are much bigger. I can also get a bbq beef sandwich, fries and a drink at Rosedale's BBQ for less and their portions are much larger as well. However, Dickey's Barbecue Pit has a free ice cream machine that everybody loves. I would recommend waiting for a while until you visit this restaurant since it just opened and the order line is long. I had to wait about 15-20 minutes just to place my order. They do have specials Monday-Saturday which will save you a little money. I might go back maybe once every month or 2.

Been to Dickey's Barbecue Pit? Share your experiences!