“Good BBQ option”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #65 of 97 Restaurants in Liberty
Reviewed 28 May 2015

We stopped at Dickey's on our way out of town. We had a coupon for a buy one get one free one meat plate which was an excellent deal. For two people, our meal was $17 with the coupon. My husband and I both got the pulled pork which we enjoyed. They offer a wide variety of sides including green beans with bacon which a lot of BBQ joints in our area do not offer. They also offer free ice cream. The meal and portions were definitely worth the price with the coupon.

Reviewed 19 May 2015

For sure not a BBQ that I would take someone to for their first visit to KC for BBQ. Very dry beef, dry and tough ham, DILL in the potato salad???, cole slaw sour, bkd beans tasted funny, not a good experience at all. And what you pay for it, $24 for 2 sandwiches, and sides. Much better BBQ in the KC area than this. Sorry Dickey's I don't like writing bad reviews, but it was Bad!

Reviewed 14 May 2015

I’ve been to Dickey’s a few times and I’m always pleased with the service. You get your food very quickly and it tastes really good too. I’m never disappointed with the service or food. The food is a little expensive but you get a good amount of food for what you pay for. The ice cream is not very good but it is also free so you get what you pay for. Overall if you want cheap BBQ and you want to eat quick Dickey’s is a great place to eat. I definitely recommend it to friends

Reviewed 21 April 2015

Visited on a recommendation from a friend when mentioning a taste for BBQ within Liberty. We were very pleasantly surprised and will definitely be back. The pulled pork sandwich was melt in your mouth delicious.

Reviewed 28 March 2015

Although I am from Kansas City, I am not a KC barbeque snob. I also enjoy Carolina pulled pork, Memphis style-ribs, and Texas mesquite-smoked beef. Therefore I was looking forward to trying Dickey's, the newest BBQ joint in Liberty. My family ordered the ribs and the pulled pork, along with sides. The meats had little flavor and almost no smoke. The ribs were under cooked and fatty. The beans were also bland, with little flavoring except for the barbeque sauce that was stirred in..

Needless to say we were very disappointed in the meal. There are much better options out there, folks.

Been to Dickey's Barbecue Pit? Share your experiences!