“Pulled Pork Sandwich filled w lots of yummy moist shredded pork”

Big Baby Q and Smokehouse
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Description: Neighborhood Q Joint focused on bringing you the freshest and tastiest Q smoked long and slow with oak and cherry woods. Carryout and Corporate Catering
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Visited Big Baby Q's for 1st time & I was delighted w smells as I entered & friendly greeting I got. 1st stopped at table w 2 ladies eating to ask their recommendations & they said never had anything bad but Brisket delicious & Mustard Potato Salad per these 2. Finding all meats are sauce free decided I would start w Pulled Pork Sandwich w 1 side for $8.50, plus added coleslaw + $1.50, Baked Beans as my side included w sandwich cost were ok flavor but lacking zip & rather soupy small portion. The pork sandwich was very moist & packed full of meat almost 2" thick on fresh bun, & I added their Sweet BBQ Sauce (6 choices of diff BBQ Sauces) & Southern Style w Coleslaw. I loved the pulled pork, sauce, coleslaw & would return for them definitely. Heard their Pork Steak was huge & delicious but they were sold out already. Sides included: Pork & Collard Greens, Baked Beans, Cole Slaw, Mustard Potato Salad, Mac-N-Cheese, Pasta Salad, House Pickles. Other meats: Turkey Breast, Chicken, Pastrami, Brisket, Pulled Pork, Thick Cut Pork Steak 16oz & even a Jerk Smoked Tofu. Desserts included: Choc-candied Bacon Crunch Bar, Raisin Bread Pudding, Banana Pudding, Sweet Potato Pound Cake, Pecan Pie all for $4. each.

Small place open Mon-Fri afternoons & often they run outta some items so plan accordingly. Not open on weekends. Been in Dorsett Rd location almost a year now, let's support this Maryland Hts. business so we have a good BBQ place where Every Item is homemade, no store bought here! Staff is attentive & entertaining too!

Reviewed 7 March 2017

This place is near my work and I wish I'd discovered it sooner! I had brisket with pork&collards and mustard potato salad, and bread pudding for dessert. The first thing I tried was the pork&collards, and it was love at first bite. Nice balance of spicy and sweet, without masking the flavor of the almost-but-not-quite al dente greens. The potato salad was not as remarkable but still good quality. The brisket itself was excellent, tender and flavorful with a nice crusting on outside as one of the previous reviewers pointed out. I chose the house (sweet) sauce but was encouraged to try the Alabama White horseradish as well. Both were marvelous companions. They serve the sauce on the side, which is how I prefer it. The bread pudding is a large 4x4 slab of yumminess on which they lightly sprinkled powdered sugar. It required my utmost discipline to refrain from consuming it all at once.

I'm looing forward to getting my card punched in - after ten visits spending $10 or more you get $10 off your next. I don't think it will take long!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I went for a late lunch on a Monday afternoon and was the only customer there for a while. Had a nice chat with the owner and got good advice on ordering. To get a variety I opted for the Big Baby Big Plate, which came with ribs (dry rubbed), pulled pork, brisket and smoked turkey. It was slightly more than I could finish but might be just right for big appetites. The ribs were good (tho I prefer saucy) and the turkey was delicious - nicely done, but the highlights for me were the pulled pork and the brisket. I have come to not expect much from pulled pork. It's usually bland and watery, basically pulled chicken. Not so here. The pulled pork actually tasted, well, porky. Some nice pops of salt and spices too. The brisket was amazing. I've recently been to both Dallas and Austin and have had highly-rated brisket in both places. In my opinion this brisket takes them all. I requested fatty (I mean ya gotta, right?) and got 6 or 7 thin slices of medium-rare brisket with nice char crust all around. A flavor explosion. Its a tricky thing to get brisket tender and still keep its flavor. They're able to do it here. The meat has body - its not overdone or underdone - and maintains its beefy flavor. And the char crust is a really nice mix of spices - salt and pepper and a little red pepper for sure, but maybe also cinnamon and sugar? Maybe five-spice? Whatever it is, it works. Back that up with a nice diverse selection of sauces and you've got lots of combinations to explore. The sides I had (baked beans and potato salad) were pretty average, the storefront is nothing special and they don't serve any alcohol. But this place is definitely worth a visit for the meat.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Working through lunch with out of country colleges and wanted them to get a taste of BBQ. They worked hard to meet my large order and gave great advice on sauce and and food for a good sampler.
The food was fantastic. Pork was savory the bun was sweet. The mac n cheese was home made and wonderful. All parties loved it and we will for sure go again.

This father / son store is new and right now just a small team. Be patient while they are still new and growing.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

I found this place from a list our hotel gave us, at first we were disappointed to find that they are only open Mon-Fri as we had missed our chance to visit them. However, after going to their Facebook page we learned they would be open on Saturday from 11-4. I spent some time Friday evening reading all of the TripAdvisor reviews and all of the Facebook reviews and I printed the menu. I will admit we were super hyped by all of the comments on how friendly they are, on Saturday we were the 2nd customers through the door, the guy in front of us received every bit of the welcome I had read about, my husband and I.....not so much, in fact we felt the owner had a bad attitude, although we stated several times that we were from out of town and how excited we were to be trying his raved about BBQ we felt as though we were bothering him. The really, really disappointing part is that $38 later, the BBQ was nothing special and the sides, macaroni, coleslaw, and potato salad were beyond tasteless, the one redeeming item for my husband was the pastrami, which he stated was excellent. Maybe only the locals get the super welcoming feel since they are the ones who can keep this small business in business. Needless to say, we will not be back!

1  Thank LLL1987