“Bad Area to Stay in Kansas City”

La Quinta Inn Kansas City North
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Upon arrival after a long day at 12:30am we noted 2 police cars at the entrance of the hotel, where there had been a fight in the parking lot. Should have been my 1st clue. Checking in, I had a reservation and am a Gold Card Rewards member, we were delayed by someone looking for a cheap room and a taxi. The hotel looked clean. Our room smelled strong with urine but the air conditioner was nice and cold and the beds were comfortable and sheets smelled clean. We checked out before dawn and there wasn't anyone at the desk to check us out. When we went out to our car, a man with no shirt popped up between 2 cars wanting something, I feared that he might have a gun. I will be more careful about my next hotel choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't smell like urine
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 12 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
I have a read your recent review.
I apologize that there was a disturbance during your arrival. We have address those issues as soon as they arise to keep your hotel comfortable and relaxing for our guests.
I also apologize for the unpleasant odor.
I am glad to hear the bed was comfy and the air conditioner worked well.
We continue to strive to provide and comfortable and reassuring stay for each and every guest.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Convenient and a good value. Close enough to downtown, Close to Cinder Block Brewery. Large outside area for dogs. Very friendly staff. Easy check in and out. There are more upscale and more expensive choices but for traveling on a budget--hard to beat this place.

Management response:Responded 3 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
I am glad you were able to enjoy the location, pet friendly ammonites and staff.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

LQs are normally pretty good for a night or two. But not this one. The place is fine for an in-and-out kind of stay, but the whole place just feels tired and in need of updating and a refresh. The lights in the room were dim, the shower head is at eye level and it was more like a Motel 6 than a normal LaQuinta.

Management response:Responded 1 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your recent stay with us.
I am working hard to make each stay great for our guests.

I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Extraordinary amount of mold in old tub. The bath mat was mildewed to tub like it had never been lifted to clean. Water in tub barely ran...TRULY! Had to call management to check. Still no reasonable flow. Room walls and ceiling looked warped and poorly patched. Nasty feel. could not get another room due to no other vacancies.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 22 June 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

I have read and shared your recent review with my staff.
We are so upset to hear about your stay.
We are working to correct the issues you brought to our attention.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know, it will help us improve.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Stayed at this hotel a number of years ago and found it to be acceptable. Now it has taken on a tired feel and needs serious updating to feel clean, fresh, and safe again. Location is acceptable but not great. Am told they are trying to improve/add businesses in the general location.

Management response:Responded 20 June 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
I appreciate the you taking the time to review your recent stay.
I am actively working on several updates to refresh the hotel.
I hope to see you again in the future.

Brandi W.

5.9 km away
Ramada Kansas City
Ramada Kansas City
#76 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to La Quinta Inn Kansas City North? Share your experiences!