US$166
US$149
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$178/night.

US$139
US$98
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

Boars Head Hotel(Draycott in the Clay)
US$88
US$98
US$69
US$78
US$65
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

Travelodge Burton A38 Northbound(Barton-under-Needwood)(Great Value!)
US$43
Travelodge
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$49/night.

Travelodge Burton A38 Southbound(Burton upon Trent)(Great Value!)
US$40
Travelodge
US$62
PremierInn.com
US$90
PremierInn.com
All reviewscoffee shopacross the roadthe pubfamily homehoar cross hallcomfortable bedgrand pianobevtvbedroomcorridor
Reviewed 19 October 2015

I had been to Uttoxeter races so i booked this B&B as it was only 10-15 minutes drive away. I parked my car opposite the B&B, i was greeted by the landlady Bev, who made me feel very welcome. She showed me up to my room, it was a twin room, very olde-wolde (which I love), plenty of wardrobe space, it was warm and homely. The breakfast in the morning consisted of a vast array of cereals, Bev had taken my toast and breakfast requirements the night before, the food was excellent and the tea flowed! Bev was the ideal host, always checking that everything was okay. I can only speak as i find and I have stayed in a lot of hotels, budget hotels, guest houses, all I can say is I found this B&B to be one of the best I have stayed in, I would recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Beverley H, Owner at The Old Baker's Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2015

Thank you Tyrone for your lovely review, I was very pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay at Old Bakers Cottage. I hope to meet you again next time you are visiting the Racecourse at Uttoxeter and appreciate the time you have taken to leave such a kind review, take care, Bev

Reviewed 25 June 2015

Very friendly lady owner and the cakes are of excellent quality..and fresh! As a place to stop for morning coffee or afternoon tea, then this place would be excellent. Not really any use for lunch as the menu is limited to just cakes. We sat outside in the garden which was very picturesque and peaceful, though I noted some children's play toys so it must be child friendly as well. The tea room itself seemed to have a collection of magazines ( and daily papers ? ) for the solo visitor. Not quite as impressed with the large flat screen TV on the wall as I would not want day time TV to spoil my visit..but of course it is catering not just for passing customers.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Bev H, Owner at The Old Baker's Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2015

Dear Peter,
Many thanks for your kind review, I am delighted you enjoyed our homemade cakes and the peace of the Tea Garden. We are getting more cyclists call by these days, now that they know they can bring their bikes into the rear garden. You will be pleased to hear we don't have rowdy daytime TV on, and yes you can catch up on the news from the daily papers. We do have a childs desk and colouring station inside and welcome customers of all ages. Thanks once more for your lovely review and I hope to see you soon when you are enjoying these parts again in the near future, happy cycling, kind regards Bev

Reviewed 23 June 2015

We stayed one night at short notice. Lovely warm welcome. Room was comfortable. There was no lock on the door-or even a snib so I found that a little disconcerting as the door didn't quite close. Tea and coffe with fresh milk in the bedroom was very generous and again very welcoming. Breakfast was good. Warm and friendly hosts. I would certainly stay again

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple

Hi Annmarie, thank you for your lovely review, I am so pleased to hear you had a comfortable and welcoming stay, we hope you had a good trip back to Edinburgh. All the bedrooms lock, the key was the larger one on the set of two we gave you at check-in, I am sorry if you had trouble and just wished you would have said when you were here so we could have shown you. I have checked with the current guest and they've had no problems locking the door, so I am sorry about that. Anyway, we are glad you enjoyed your stay in Newborough and it would be lovely to see you again next time you are in the area. Kind regards, Bev.

Reviewed 21 June 2015

Beginning to think we stayed at a different establishment from the other reviewers. Bev was very welcoming but the room was exceedingly disappointing being in need of thorough decoration and a refit. Shower room was dirty with both black and orange mould rife in the shower cubicle. Breakfast was bargain basement quality. All in all pretty poor value for money and a poor experience.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beverly L
Beverley H, Owner at The Old Baker's Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2015

I was naturally very disappointed to read your review particularly as we have had excellent reviews over the last 3 years that we have been here. In a house dating back to 1701 there is the need for constant minor repairs and this year we have already redecorated the stairs and landing and repainted the ceiling in the bedroom you stayed in and we have also had a new fireplace in there in 2015. The room is generally loved by those that stay and they like the space and the shabby chic look with the painted original floorboards etc but I accept this is not everyone’s cup of tea. In terms of breakfast I am not too sure what you were expecting ; you had a choice of 9 different cereals, orange and apple juice, tea or coffee, I see from our records you opted for the full english breakfast and you had bacon, sausage, hash brown, free range fried egg, Heinz beaked beans and tomatoes and mushrooms (and left a clean plate), then granary and white toast, there was also jam, marmalade, nutella, peanut butter etc etc on offer, so I am not really sure how that all gets a bargain basement comment. Anyway, I close by saying I am very sorry our home did not live up to your expectations for the first review you have written.

Reviewed 1 June 2015

We spent 4 nights in mid-April, 2015 at the Old Baker's Cottage, and one night in mid-May. Have family in Burton, which is only 10 minutes away by car. Bev and Gavin were very friendly and helpful, making dinner reservations at a local pub, and doing some laundry for us. The breakfast was very good, and the day staff lady very helpful as well. We upgraded from the small room to the double and single bed room, for the extra space. There is a pub directly across the road, so you can safely have a beer without worrying about driving, and you can park the car at the pub as well, as there is no parking at the B&B. This was an excellent place to start, and finish, our almost 6 weeks in the UK.

Room Tip: Choose the larger room. Beds are not same standard as Canada/US hotel beds, but B&B was very warm and welcoming.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we enjoyed having you stay with us on both occasions and when you are back visiting in the UK we hope to look after you again. The Pub don't mind our guests using their car park and usually our guests eat or drink there anyway, there is also about 7 car spaces opposite the house n the village square area by the red phone box, so generally plenty of parking options. Thanks again for your super review, take care, Bev