“Loved the restaurant ”

Michael's Steak Chalet
Ranked #24 of 100 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Price range: US$25 - US$60
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 54
Description: For over 20 years, Michael's Steak Chalet has been delighting steak lovers at the Lake of the Ozarks. Perched on a cliff and overlooking the lake at the 28 mile marker, Michael's Steak Chalet is just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Osage Beach, Missouri. Serving dinner daily from 5:00pm, you and your guests will enjoy a beautiful sunset dinner in our cozy dining room or weather permitting, settle in under the stars outside on our patio overlooking the lake. Famous for our Prime Rib, that is slow roasted every evening for 16 hours, Michael's also offers generous cut tender filets and strip steaks. All are aged 28 days, hand trimmed and cooked to your temperature. We also offer a wide variety of sea food including Grilled Salmon, Blackened Tuna, or an 8oz Lobster Tail. Consider Michael's Steak Chalet for your next meeting, reception or special event. Let our professional staff cater to your needs, however specific they may be.
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

All food was great we started off with shrimp cocktail very fresh my wife and I had the ribeye steak very tasty and my daughter had the lobster tail which was excellent. All entries came with soup or salad and a side dish. You can't beat the view high over the lake. My only regret was it was too cold to eat outside. We drove from Columbia and it was well worth the ride.

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

The rolls dry, the peas tasted like they were soaked in kerosene, no seasonings at all on the salmon, the pork tenderloin was super dry on the inside but swimming in what looked like a whole jar of plum jam. The best part of this meal was the salad.

Reviewed 24 February 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is a gem for the lake area. The steaks and sides are fantastic and custom cooked to your satisfaction. There's a beautiful view of the lake to add to the ambiance. It's more expensive than other restaurants, but it's worth every bite!!

Reviewed 23 February 2016

We were in Osage Beach for Continuing Education classes to start on Monday, so, my wife and I took three of my staff out for a Valentine's Day dinner. Such a treat to have a beautiful sunset view of Lake of the Ozarks, excellent wait staff, and a very cordial owner. The owner and I shared an interest in two of the barrels he had acquired from Cooper's Oak Barrels, which were made by a friend of mine, under license to Silver Oak from Napa. My staff enjoyed the Prime Rib, and some of us devoured the 8 ounce Filet Mignon. A pleasant champagne toast followed the delicious meal. They were only open on Friday and Saturday evenings during the off season, and, opened special for Sunday Valentine's Day. Have been there a half dozen times over the past 15 years, and look forward to our next visit in a couple of years!

Reviewed 23 February 2016

Quiet with a lovely view of the lake. There is a wonderful area for outside dining. This is a place for steak and the strip steak was very good. Your entree comes with potato and soup or salad. I think a very good value. There are some very over-priced restaurants at Lake of the Ozarks and this is not one of them. Will go back.