“Special dinner ”

J. Bruner's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Bruner's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 100 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Price range: US$19 - US$33
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lake Road 54-40 (Winn Road)
Description: You are invited to experience casual, fine dining at J. Bruner's! Savor steaks and seafood prepared using our exclusive recipes refined over the past thirty years. The warm and inviting dining rooms are the perfect setting for weekly casual dining or that special occasion. Enjoy our Red Room Lounge for a cocktail after work, cocktails before dinner, and/or a tasty ice cream drink afterwards. The best table service completes your dining experience, making J. Bruner's the Lake's Classic Steakhouse. Reservations recommended--book online.
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Shrimp appetizer, 2 entrees, dessert, drinks and coffee drinks all very good. The service and atmosphere good also.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I love coming here. The atmosphere is white table cloth and romantic. You don't have to wait long if you make reservations. The onion rings are amazing. The steak and seafood choices are very good. We've never had a bad meal here. Service is always really good.

1  Thank Andy B
Reviewed 16 February 2017

You know how, when you're on vacation, and ask, "Where is a good place to eat?", this one, you can ask a local, AND or a vacationer. Went last night for Valentines, No overboard decorations, no pushing the 'red drinks' etc, Just well prepared food. As a cook, I'm picky, if I can make it at home, I do it, because, lets face it, I can cook better than a lot of these guys, that being said, I started with the fried chicken livers, which were fried then sauteed with onion and mushrooms, really nicely done. then salad, then Fresh Salmon Grilled, in a white wine cream sauce. Not over or under cooked, prefect, Honey had the Pork loin chop, smiling with each bite. Yes it was filled with locals, But really, They do know where the great places are, and the were right. I'll go back, again and again, and I didn't even try the deep fried Lobster Tails, that's next.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Yes, this restaurant needs a face lift. But putting that aside the reason to come here is the prime rib. Everybody has their own way of doing prime rib. Some cut it and then dip it in au jus to cook it to the desired temperature. Most slow roast it. But this place does it in a fashion where the entire cut is cooked the way you order it. Meaning - you know that strip of mean just outside of the eye? Well here if you order yours cooked medium rare, that strip will be done medium rare as will the eye. Not to may places make that happen. And the flavor, while not outstanding, is certainly well above par. So this is why you have dinner at J. Bruner's.

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

We have eaten here since my kids were babies. Now 2 of them are married. We have lived at the lake for over 30 years. We eat here at least 2 times a month or more. Their food is awesome! This evening we called at 8:04 and asked how long they would be open. They replied 8:30. We told them there would be 6 of us and we would be there in 5 minutes. We arrived at 8:10. We already knew what we wanted so ordered as soon as he asked. The food was good as usual. As we were eating I noticed he seemed upset. He was rushing us to finish eating. As he brought the check he said. "From now on it's better if you call by 7:30"! Now, we usually bring a party of 8-12 people with an average bill of $350 and top over 20%! We do not drink and know what we want. This kind of rude behavior will loose them the local clientele.

His name is Mike W. according to the receipt.

1  Thank Richard S