“Home Cooking”

Rosie Jo's Cafe
Ranked #6 of 75 Restaurants in Ozark
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This is a local favorite .Ive never had a bad meal at this restaurant . Just don't get in a hurry because everything is cooked to order and sometime it can get a little slow.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Rosie Jo's in Nixa, has the Most Delicious Fried Chicken you will ever eat. After 4:00 on Saturday, 4 pieces for the price of 2; $7.59, with potatoes and creamy gravy, Texas toast and veggie. Go before you get hungry. 30 minutes to get served hot and crispy. Yum!

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

We had an awesome meal with family. Great service. I want to go back for a piece of pie. They looked amazing.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Rosie Jo's is in a new location that is East of the Wal-Mart on the South-Side of Ozark. My father-in-law has talked about eating at Rosie Jo's for years and he recently invited my husband, my parents, and I to eat dinner with them. My parents and I had the fried chicken dinner special - which was 4 pieces of chicken - a LOT of food for ~ $8. The fried chicken took approximately 20 minutes to cook. We enjoyed some onion rings which were very good with their homemade ranch dressing. The fried chicken was nice and moist, but needed some flavor / salt - which is unusual for me. The mashed potatoes and gravy were good and appeared to be homemade. My husband ordered the ham steak but was served a hamburger steak - after waiting almost 30 minutes on our food to come out he just ate it and said it was good. My mother-in-law had chicken tenders which looked plentiful and my father-in-law had the catfish and said it was good. It's great that the meals come with soft-serve ice cream after you're all finished eating. Nice touch. If you're looking for a quick meal / quick service, this isn't your place. If you enjoy just chilling out with you family and chit chatting while waiting on food, it's a pleasant surprise.

1  Thank beccaboo2001
Reviewed 28 May 2017

Had tried to eat at Rosie Jo's a couple of but the wait was always to long. So when they moved into the new larger location I thought we would try again. I was expecting to the food to be good based on all I had heard, no so. I think this place is more of and older diner meeting place. Seemed like everyone knew each other even the wait staff. Can't recommend but may give them a try again sometime. Sorry Rosie Jo's

Been to Rosie Jo's Cafe? Share your experiences!