“Health dept score is bad”
Review of China House

China House
Ranked #27 of 75 Restaurants in Ozark
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Food here is good. Always hot. It is a Buffett so you don't have much service. The one thing that bothers us as locals is they get very low scores on cleanliness.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

We often go to China House. It's my whole families favorite place to eat Chinese. The food is awesome and the staff is very friendly.. Our favorite is the shrimp! I highly recommend them!

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

After searching for another Chinese Buffet in the Branson area, I was very frustrated by the lack of choices, and didn't want to go back to the same one I went to previously. The others were either shut down today(Tuesday, Who does that?). So on the way to Springfield, MO, I noticed a Russell Stover store in Ozark. I stopped there and asked if there was a good Chinese restaurant nearby. I was told about another one, which I didn't find. What I DID find, was China House. I usually have the best luck when I accidentally happen upon something. But this one was like hitting the ball out of the park!

The chicken in the mushroom and beef in the broccoli was so tender, it melted in my mouth. The food was cooked and seasoned perfectly. It was almost as if I was in a province of China, sitting at someone's grandmother's table eating a Holiday meal, rather than. The normally overpriced, rubbery food, I'm used to eating at most Chine restaurants. Even driving around back to leave, I could smell how perfectly seasoned the food was while it was being cooked

If there was anything negative to say about our experience, it would be the fact that the buffet was empty when we arrived. But even in that case, it was more a matter of bad timing, rather than a problem with the restaurant. We got there right as they were switching over from lunch to dinner, so I can't fault them for that.

But as a sign of just how good the cooks there are, the cooks worked their butts off to fill the buffet up for us, and did so in 15 minutes. And the food was STILL better than any other Chinese restaurant I've been at. Forgot to mention earlier that the shrimp there was so good, my wife went back for more, and she was already so full, she was about to burst!

Reviewed 25 May 2016

This was a very pleasant surprise for us. We were looking for a good Chinese Buffet and found this place. It has a wide selection of traditional Chinese dishes and many other additional items to choose from. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

Really good food for being buffet, hot and fresh. have lots of different choices to pick from. Recommend!

Been to China House? Share your experiences!