“Cute little cafe”

Market House Cafe and Bake Shop
Ranked #8 of 75 Restaurants in Ozark
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Description: Market House takes great pride in providing delicious and healthy meals. We specialize in our house made Amish bread, and Ciabatta breads, we serve a varity of foods from burgers to quiche, sandwiches like the Porchetta, Monte Cristo, scratch made deserts such as Lemon Blueberry cake, Strawberry cake, scones. For breakfast,biscuits and gravy, Pan fried trout to Naussa grits. Come visit! We are not gluten free or vegan.
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

A wonderful little surprise on the square in the wonderful little town of Ozark. Amazing breakfast and friendly service.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I love eating here! While it can be pricey for lunch, it's always fresh and so delicious. The owner is always there working hard to manage both the front and back of the house. She clearly takes a lot of pride in what she's doing, and always walks around to greet customers.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Ate here at Ozark Block Party chicken was not done and other food just very average.
Servers were very nice but otherwise not a good experience.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

This place is awesome! We had the pork sandwich with fries. The aioli in the sandwich gave an interesting and delicious twist to the sandwich. The special quiche of the day was bacon ranch. Sounds weird, right? You need to get it. It was amazing. Get the cup of lasagne soup, too. It sounds like it would be too heavy, but it's a broth based soup, and you'll want more. The BLT sandwich and pasta salad were just right as well.

Don't forget the dessert. This place is a bakery, too. You can't go wrong with the brownie a la mode. I think she's more known for her cakes, though, and the lemon blueberry and French apple cakes topped off our meals. Then get yourself some cookies to-go.

We'll have to get there in time for breakfast next time. Can't wait to try it!

1  Thank sandmcd
Reviewed 24 January 2017

I'll start by saying that this place is very cute inside. The décor is an excellent combination of farm house to trendy and is quaint. It's a clean café with good service and the wait staff are very friendly. However, I think that this place is more of a 3 1/2 stars than 4. Why, you may ask? Because of the portion sizes. We landed here on a Saturday because our go-to lunch location had a 45 minute wait. Thought, why not try something different. When you're in competition with the tea room across the street, you probably want to push yourselves a little harder than the Market House is doing. For roughly the same price range ($7 - $9) you get substantially less food, so much so that we were still hungry when we left. We tried the sandwich/soup combo and a quiche/soup combo. The sandwich we chose was the turkey/provolone on a focaccia bread. The sandwich measured about 1 1/2 inches by 3 inches. The flavors were fantastic - but I could've used more than the 4 bites that it took to eat it. The bread was very good, nice, soft, and yummy. I enjoyed the garlic aioli spread. The lasagna soup had a great flavor - almost tasted like spaghetti sauce as a soup. But there was probably only about 3 1/2 or 4 ounces total of soup in the dish. The quiche wasn't anything to write home about - pretty flavorless and small - about 3 inches circular. The peanut soup was very good - nice peanut flavor on the front with a spice on the tongue at finish - again 4 ounces would be pushing it. I really think they have a good thing going with the flavors - but before I go back again I want to see some larger portions for the price. We saw burgers going out that looked equally as small with some spiky fries - there may have been 6 fries total. So please, try it - but do let me know if you find that they've increased their portion sizes so I don't feel like I have to go somewhere else to eat lunch after I have had a "snack sized" lunch here.

1  Thank beccaboo2001