All reviewsdead bugsroom was cleanfront deskloungecartoonsmotel
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I was a bit concerned about dead bugs from other reviews, so I asked to see room before I rented. It was fine. Large, clean and neat. Every bit as nice as the HI where we spent the previous night and about $30 less. It is in the boondocks if that matters. It was very quiet. We got their King room.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Quirky rustic atmosphere with a very large room, comfortable bed, cool neon sign, and named after our favorite cartoon hero from the 60's. The towels and bedding are soft, and the room was clean. Bullwinkles is just off the highway, but about five miles away from the busy strip in Poplar Bluff where all the chains are located. That means it is very quiet. Derek at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. After arrival and great showers (350 mile motorcycle ride this day), we walked over to Bullwinkles Lounge for a couple of cold beers (frosty mugs, too!), and their thin-crust pizza was great. Made some new friends there, too.

Only two things we found less than perfect, but not enough to bother us much: the a/c was noisy, mainly when starting up, but very effective, and there were dead bugs in the bathroom light fixture. Didn't see any anywhere else, and again, the room otherwise was very clean.

This was my second stay at Bullwinkles, and I really like it. We would stay more often, but sometimes travel with our dog, and they don't allow pets. More interesting, and just as comfortable as the chain places. We will definitely be back again!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

the place is spotless except for the light fixtures. Annoying to see dead bugs in there. I clean fur a living. After a shower, you lift your chin to dry age see fuzz and bugs. Little Scope virtue was cute plus. Susi bars all busted when opened. Cost this place because I poor _readv of its uniqueness. It's rustic, quaint, off the beaten path about 20 minutes of the motel chains. Is also an RV park and also had a bar with small food items. If you're hungry, grab something in town before you check in. i clean fur a living and ab a lighter picky. besides the bugs in the plastic walk mount fixtures, I pull down to comforter. We specifically asked for a non smoking room. Fold down blanket and BAM cigarettes burn holes. 3 right off the bat.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 1988Steph1988
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Nice clean place. Not fancy but very comfortable. Beds were comfy and the rooms were large and airy. The continental was just okay offering cerebral, instant oatmeal, packaged doughnuts. I will definitely stay here again.
And, oh yea! The Bullwinkle lounge, located on the premises, rocks! It's filled with cool antiques and has pool, darts & video games. We hung out there several hours one night.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank louiejazz
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here twice now and would definitely go back. Clean rooms and a very neat place to stay and quite. In a perfect spot not right in the middle of town but close enough. I would recommend this place.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple