All reviews business park research park front desk quiet location indoor pool nice hotel off the highway comfy bed hotel is located waffles great room rooms were very clean easy access louis area wedding st whirlpool
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Chose this place based on it's convenience to I-64 and the map indicating a lot of nearby open space. So glad we did. There are a series of trails and nature Reserves within walking distance of the hotel that made for a pleasant diversion during an extensive road trip. The facility itself was clean and very comfortable with an incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Bed was soft and comfortable with lots of big fluffy pillows, there was a refrigerator and microwave in the room, and the climate controls worked flawlessly. Water pressure was excellent with good volume and plenty of hot water. The breakfast area is large clean and they have a good variety of hot and cold food. They also offer a pool hot tub and workout facility though we didn't have time to make use of those. Overall a great experience and I'll definitely seek out a Wingate again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Jason V, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Steve,

This is awesome to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. We do hope you will let us know that next time you are in the St. Charles area and decide to stay with us again.

Jason

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We just returned from a wedding weekend in St. Charles and the bride chose this hotel as it was closest to the wedding venue. I was a little concerned because their website is very uninformative. I had to go to TripAdvisor to find out anything at all about the hotel. There were some pretty awful stories about the cleanliness of the rooms so my expectations were pretty low. However, when we pulled in I was pleasant surprised as the outside of the hotel looks very new and modern. But be warned - it is very isolated. It is not like you can walk to a restaurant or find a shop to visit. That didn't end up to be a problem for us but some people might not like it. Anyway, our room was fine and I didn't see any noticeable problems. The bathroom does look pretty grungy but it was ok. Our room had a couch, desk and a couple of chairs which was nice. I guess the main complaint about the room was that the air-conditioning didn't work. It was odd because since many of us knew each other from the wedding we compared notes and at least 3 people had problems with the air-conditioning. Because it was a bit chilly outside we didn't bother to complain but we did have to run the fan all night long in order to be comfortable. There's an obvious problem with their units but I guess to be fair, if people like us don't complain, they aren't going to know they need to be fixed. My daughter's room was a bit more disappointing with cobwebs and bugs in the bathroom lights. . . That was another odd thing. We all booked in the wedding block but my daughter had a room with just a king bed, we had the room with the king bed and couch and my son had a 2-bedroom suite - all for the same price! None of us requested anything except a king bed so needless to say my daughter was especially disappointed after seeing our bigger rooms.

As for the rest of the hotel - it was nice. We didn't use the pool or the spa so can't comment on that. There was an orange cone in one of the elevators sitting over a broken tile which was a bit tacky.

I do think the place just has some issues - maybe it's management. There was only one person at the front desk when we got there so there were two people waiting to check in after me plus a woman who wanted change for the laundry. The woman was efficient and friendly but she needed more help. Plus as part of the wedding, we were supposed to get a flyer of information but we weren't given anything.

There are no vending machine but there is a room off of the front desk with snacks, pop, etc. Several times I saw people going in there to buy something but then there was no one at the front desk in order to take their money. I know at least once, someone walked away with their can of pop after no one came out of the back to wait on them.

Breakfast was. . . ok. Or maybe adequate is a better word. They did have sausages and little cheese omelets that were good but the second day we were there, they were barely warm which was disappointing. Very little selection in the cereal and yogurt department but there was an assortment of bagels/bread/english muffins that were really good. And their toaster was much faster than many of the ones we have encountered. They had one waffle maker. Oh and they did have glazed donuts which made the kids happy. My main problem with breakfast this morning was that the breakfast area had been used by guests last night for some late night fun and the tables had not been cleaned this morning. So as we were pushing tables together, I had to wipe every one of them off myself because they were all dirty. That was disappointing. Perhaps the most disappointing thing of all was that the hotel had Fox and Friends on the TV in the morning. I know that this is nitpicky but I would hope that an establishment would pick something more middle of the road that would include ALL of their guests. We were going to ask someone to change the channel but once again there was no one at the front desk so we just turned it down. Everyone is entitled to their own viewing habits but I was just surprised that management wouldn't have thought that through.

So I'm conflicted because the hotel had some good points but it had some bad points as well. It is really easy to get to from the interstate which is always a plus in my book. I would give it another 1/2 star if it were possible.

Room Tip: Ask how much the larger rooms are as we didn't even know there were choices.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Jason V, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Donna,

I appreciate the detailed review and will be taking a few points to discuss further with our staff. We are always looking to improve our guest experience and customer service. We do occasionally offer complimentary room upgrades at random and it does look like a few members of the wedding block received those. If you would like to discuss your stay any further, please let me know.

Jason

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Needs housekeeping management to make sure staff are doing a decent job. This room would not have passed an inspection!!! Trash under bed did not notice until last day when I dropped my ring. Found half empty water bottle under chair on the first night there.Ran out of toilet paper on 2nd day had to go to desk to get some. If was mostly gone on our first night there.Beds never looked like they were made. Housekeeping just pulled upcovers and tucked in sides. Never smoothed out wrinkles. Very disgusting cleaning practices.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I would like to personally apologize for your experience during your stay. I do hope that if you are back in the St. Charles area you will reach out to me as we hope you would give us another try.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Not the best location, but the hotel looks nice, and the rooms are comfortable. Some good breakfast choices we haven't seen elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

I would like to thank you for the kind review and hope you visit us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

got this through priceline asking for a hotel near me.. I guess 18 miles is near. After weaving through residential areas with garmin I finally arrived. The price was right and check in immediate I got a first floor which for me is great everything was easy to get to and the rooms were very clean and organized being out for a few nights and not always in the best hotels this one was a dream lots of pillows and beds that were just right I had to hurry breakfast but it just looked average. could have been laid out a little better.(just my opinion) Stay was good --- location was not great--breakfast was average

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

I would like to thank you for the kind words about the hotel and happy to hear you enjoyed our pillows. We are in a secluded area and do apologize that you had a hard time finding us.