US$106
US$135
US$101
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

Free cancellation until 29/07
US$145
US$113
HIExpress.com
US$80
Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph(Saint Joseph)
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$100
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

US$112
US$107
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsstained glasstwelfth nightbed and breakfastromeo and julietjuliet roomverona suitehistory lessonbreakfast was deliciousbeautiful mansionlemon curdhouse touran excellent hostamazing homeold mansionone of a kindfresh fruitjacuzzi tub
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

One word: wow. My mom and I stayed here after seeing it pop up in TripAdvisor. We had planned to stay in Kansas City both nights but once we saw this place we changed our plans. There is nothing not to love about this place...the history, the quiet, the friendly host, and great food. Isobel greeted us and gave us a tour of the mansion. She is very knowledgeable and a gracious host. We stayed in the As You Like It room as it had two beds but all the rooms are lovely. The room was very clean and it was quiet. I've had horrible luck with hotels and this one FINALLY turned that around. I got a fabulous night's rest and then we had a delicious breakfast of fresh fruit, hot scones & lemon curd. Isobel also has great recommendations for food around St Joseph. Take a walk along the street and see the other impressive homes in the area. I think that from now on I'll drive the extra minutes north of KC to stay here again. Don't hesitate booking here. Do it!! You will NOT be disappointed!!

Oh, and try and go as the sun is setting so you can see the twinkling light through the faceted stained glass in the dining room. Stunning!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Isobel M, Owner at Shakespeare Chateau Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you, Megan, for visiting, and for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am so very pleased that you and your Mom enjoyed your stay, and that you found your room comfortable and quiet. I really appreciate your comments, and look forward to seeing you both back for a return visit soon!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

My daughter and I spent the night in the As You Like It Suit. (We chose it because of two queen size beds.) The room was comfortable,furnished with the right mix of modern and period furniture. Upon arrival Isabel gave a a private tour of the entire mansion. Incredible! Breakfast was hot scones, fresh fruit cups and orange juice. The ambience is well worth the extra money compared to a chain hotel. An added bonus of the Shakespeare is the neighborhood;one can stroll a four block area and view other 19th century mansions on Millionaires' Row.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Karla B
Isobel M, Owner at Shakespeare Chateau Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you, Karla! I loved meeting you and your daughter, and I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Shakespeare Chateau and your visit to the Hall Street Historic District. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This Victorian home is one of the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. The artwork is lovely. The 47 stained glass windows are incredible. The owner is very hospitable and gave us a magnificent tour. I hope sometime in the future to stay in this B & B.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Isobel M, Owner at Shakespeare Chateau Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thanks for visiting the Shakespeare Chateau! I love to give tours, and tell people about this beautiful home, and about the City of St. Joseph. I hope you will stay with me on your next visit to St. Joseph.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Hubby and I rode to St. Joseph for the night and Isobel was there to greet us. Check in is at 4:00, so be sure to plan some time at museums before getting there. The inside of this home was magical. She has done an incredible job of renovating and we couldn't have been more pleased. We stayed in the Romeo and Juliet suite, of which is attached to a huge sitting room. Although other might use the sitting room, it is unlikely (she said). Breakfast entailed a ham, egg and cheese souflet (sp?) with homeade cranberry scones and fresh fruit. Thank you, Isobel, for a wonderful evening.

Room Tip: Romeo and Juliet room was delightful
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for visiting St. Joseph, and for staying at the Shakespeare Chateau. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your night in the Romeo & Juliet Suite. By coincidence, another couple of motorcycle tourists stayed with me the same night, and they enjoyed meeting you also. Hope you'll be back soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

The Shakespeare Chateau is a beautifully restored mansion in St. Joseph. It is reminiscent of the great homes in the Central West End in St. Louis. The craftsmanship and quality of the interior features is stunning. Isobel is justifiably proud of it. Her hospitality is first class and the food is fantastic as well. If you are in St. Joseph you must check it out.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for visiting St. Joseph, and for staying here at the Shakespeare Chateau. I am, indeed, proud of this beautiful mansion home, and I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Please keep me in mind for future visits to St. Joe!