“Absolutely Terrible”

Legends Sports Cafe
Ranked #167 of 220 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: American, Deli, Steakhouse
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Used to be a great place. Stopped on Saturday afternoon. Only 4 people at one table. Couldn't get waited on. Ordered two beers and waited. Finally got our drinks & waitress disappeared. Finally came back & we ordered sandwiches. By now we've been here over an hour and still no food. Never and I mean Never again. Place absolutely SUCKS.

Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

I just moved to St. Joe and after looking for a good place to eat and drink I have been to legends a few times. This past time I went at night for the first time past 10 and I met the worst manager I probably could have ever ran into. I have worked in the food industry in Missouri and California and the manager at legends was the most disrespectful biased person I have ever met. I have had good service while she is not around, and I will be going back just to tell her how she needs to change her own personal business philosophy or quit. I was treated with the most outmost disrespect just because I was not used to their customs after moving there. Legends needs to change management and they would be great, nonetheless the management they hold ruins the establishment.

Reviewed 13 January 2015

Went there for lunch the menu hhad really been reduced not alot of choices like that used to be. While i was there i heard the person on the kitchen day that they were out of hamburgers and only had maybe two orders of sliders. No lunch specials today really disappointed in everything 'll knowing how great the food used to be

Reviewed 9 December 2012

I went there to see if their hot wings were good. Surely a Sports Bar And Grill would have good hot wings, I thought- plus this place seemed big and well-known in St. Joe. I sat down and not 5 minutes later a group of 5 smokers sat down next to me, forcing me to crowd to a corner of the bar. I ordered hot wings and a side and they came out in acceptable time. They were absolutely the WORST smelling, and tasting, hot wings I have ever been served! The actually smelled like wet feathers and old grease and the taste wasn't much better. I only ate about a third of them-then felt sick afterwards. The bar tender saw that I didn't eat many of them and didn't even care to ask me how they were- she's lucky because I would have told her-but I'm not paid to be their food consultant. Now I read they have COCKROACHES!!!. If ever there was a place for a reality show "Bar Rescue" this place is it. I was VERY disappointed. Oh-well..back to the chain for good wings. (Wish there was a Hooters or Show Me's in St.J!) .

avz1000, Manager at Legends Sports Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

First of all, I'm sorry you didn't like the wings. I'm not sure what could have been wrong with them, but most everyone seems to really enjoy them. Personally, I don't like the hot wings, because I don't like the "hotness", but I will usually have one of the other flavors we serve. But our customers who eat the hot wings like them.

Also, I'm sorry the server didn't follow up with you on how you were doing and why you didn't eat your order. Customer service is a priority with us and I'm doing everything I can to make sure our staff treats everyone well.

As far as the other past comments, I can only tell you that we have new management and are focusing on every part of what we do here from customer service, to cleanliness, to food quality and everything else in between.

Also, in this time of restaurant chains taking over, yes, it's difficult for all locally-owned, independent operations to keep up. Again, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us and hope we can do better for you next time.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

My boyfriend and I had been looking forward to watching the Nebraska game, even took off work to go out to some bars in Saint Joseph, where we recently moved. When we walked in we were recognized as husker fans and seemed to get nice seats and attention from the manager. However our server Ben "had never seen us in there before" (which we have been in a few times) and made me stand up to prove I was 5'5 ft. tall before he served us a drink. When "returning" my I.D instead of handing it back he threw it on the table and walked away like he didn't believe me. Being a server, I understand that he had to be safe however if he didn't want to serve me then he didn't have to. He kept up with our drinks and overall wasn't bad server but was just not friendly, and acted like we weren't welcome. Needless to say we left by half time and enjoyed our night somewhere else. The reason we came to Legends was because they advertise as a big husker bar however they should really try to be more accepting to people who don't have "saint joseph" on their I.D, sorry not everyone is a local. Food was average, and came out fast.

I sent you a private response, but also want to apologize publicly. I'm sorry that you were not treated well. Customer service has become a priority for us and we are working to make sure that EVERYBODY gets treated well and has a good experience, regardless of where there ID might say they are from.

Yes, we have promoted Legends as being a welcome place to watch Nebraska games. I am from Lincoln myself and was originally behind the idea of becoming a "watch site" for games, knowing that there are Nebraska fans everywhere who like to go out and watch games. We want to make it fun for everyone.

I encourage everyone to let us know, good or bad, about their experiences here. If they are good, we'll know we're doing something right...if bad, we can do what we can to correct it. Thanks!